Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Hemsky received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit (TSN reports he won’t be suspended) while Burns was forced to deal with…nausea.
“It didn’t feel too good on my part,” Burns told CSN Bay Area. “At the start you don’t feel very good. I thought I was going to throw up.”
Potential barfing aside, Burns said he was feeling better today and head coach Todd McLellan said the injury isn’t as severe as first thought. That’s welcome news for a depleted Sharks squad that’s already without Ryane Clowe (face), Martin Havlat (hamstring) and Tommy Wingels (upper body).
As for Hemsky, Burns didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
“It happens. It’s a quick game, it’s a quick reaction,” he said. “I’ve been on the other end. It’s not his fault. I know that.”
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9