Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Hemsky received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit (TSN reports he won’t be suspended) while Burns was forced to deal with…nausea.
“It didn’t feel too good on my part,” Burns told CSN Bay Area. “At the start you don’t feel very good. I thought I was going to throw up.”
Potential barfing aside, Burns said he was feeling better today and head coach Todd McLellan said the injury isn’t as severe as first thought. That’s welcome news for a depleted Sharks squad that’s already without Ryane Clowe (face), Martin Havlat (hamstring) and Tommy Wingels (upper body).
As for Hemsky, Burns didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
“It happens. It’s a quick game, it’s a quick reaction,” he said. “I’ve been on the other end. It’s not his fault. I know that.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)