Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Hemsky received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit (TSN reports he won’t be suspended) while Burns was forced to deal with…nausea.
“It didn’t feel too good on my part,” Burns told CSN Bay Area. “At the start you don’t feel very good. I thought I was going to throw up.”
Potential barfing aside, Burns said he was feeling better today and head coach Todd McLellan said the injury isn’t as severe as first thought. That’s welcome news for a depleted Sharks squad that’s already without Ryane Clowe (face), Martin Havlat (hamstring) and Tommy Wingels (upper body).
As for Hemsky, Burns didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
“It happens. It’s a quick game, it’s a quick reaction,” he said. “I’ve been on the other end. It’s not his fault. I know that.”
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)