Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Hemsky received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit (TSN reports he won’t be suspended) while Burns was forced to deal with…nausea.
“It didn’t feel too good on my part,” Burns told CSN Bay Area. “At the start you don’t feel very good. I thought I was going to throw up.”
Potential barfing aside, Burns said he was feeling better today and head coach Todd McLellan said the injury isn’t as severe as first thought. That’s welcome news for a depleted Sharks squad that’s already without Ryane Clowe (face), Martin Havlat (hamstring) and Tommy Wingels (upper body).
As for Hemsky, Burns didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
“It happens. It’s a quick game, it’s a quick reaction,” he said. “I’ve been on the other end. It’s not his fault. I know that.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5