Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Hemsky received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit (TSN reports he won’t be suspended) while Burns was forced to deal with…nausea.
“It didn’t feel too good on my part,” Burns told CSN Bay Area. “At the start you don’t feel very good. I thought I was going to throw up.”
Potential barfing aside, Burns said he was feeling better today and head coach Todd McLellan said the injury isn’t as severe as first thought. That’s welcome news for a depleted Sharks squad that’s already without Ryane Clowe (face), Martin Havlat (hamstring) and Tommy Wingels (upper body).
As for Hemsky, Burns didn’t seem to hold a grudge.
“It happens. It’s a quick game, it’s a quick reaction,” he said. “I’ve been on the other end. It’s not his fault. I know that.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5