Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Who would you pick first in the All-Star draft?
Daniel Alfredsson is already on the record as saying he’s going to pick teammate Erik Karlsson if he gets the first selection in Thursday’s All-Star Fantasy Draft, but let’s say you’re the captain. You’re not in the NHL, so you don’t have to do the politically correct thing. You could pick who you think is the best player. You could pick who you think is the worst player, just for shock value. For the ladies out there, you could pick the dreamiest.
A few suggestions:
Evgeni Malkin – Nobody’s playing better right now. The leading candidate to win the Hart and Art Ross.
Jason Pominville – Might break down and start sobbing.
Scott Hartnell — To make a statement to the All-Star selection committee.
Keith Yandle – Because it would be awesome to pick Keith Yandle with the first selection.
OK, here’s the roster, go make your pick…
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)