Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Who would you pick first in the All-Star draft?
Daniel Alfredsson is already on the record as saying he’s going to pick teammate Erik Karlsson if he gets the first selection in Thursday’s All-Star Fantasy Draft, but let’s say you’re the captain. You’re not in the NHL, so you don’t have to do the politically correct thing. You could pick who you think is the best player. You could pick who you think is the worst player, just for shock value. For the ladies out there, you could pick the dreamiest.
A few suggestions:
Evgeni Malkin – Nobody’s playing better right now. The leading candidate to win the Hart and Art Ross.
Jason Pominville – Might break down and start sobbing.
Scott Hartnell — To make a statement to the All-Star selection committee.
Keith Yandle – Because it would be awesome to pick Keith Yandle with the first selection.
OK, here’s the roster, go make your pick…
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)