Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EST
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Who would you pick first in the All-Star draft?
Daniel Alfredsson is already on the record as saying he’s going to pick teammate Erik Karlsson if he gets the first selection in Thursday’s All-Star Fantasy Draft, but let’s say you’re the captain. You’re not in the NHL, so you don’t have to do the politically correct thing. You could pick who you think is the best player. You could pick who you think is the worst player, just for shock value. For the ladies out there, you could pick the dreamiest.
A few suggestions:
Evgeni Malkin – Nobody’s playing better right now. The leading candidate to win the Hart and Art Ross.
Jason Pominville – Might break down and start sobbing.
Scott Hartnell — To make a statement to the All-Star selection committee.
Keith Yandle – Because it would be awesome to pick Keith Yandle with the first selection.
OK, here’s the roster, go make your pick…
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)