Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Who would you pick first in the All-Star draft?
Daniel Alfredsson is already on the record as saying he’s going to pick teammate Erik Karlsson if he gets the first selection in Thursday’s All-Star Fantasy Draft, but let’s say you’re the captain. You’re not in the NHL, so you don’t have to do the politically correct thing. You could pick who you think is the best player. You could pick who you think is the worst player, just for shock value. For the ladies out there, you could pick the dreamiest.
A few suggestions:
Evgeni Malkin – Nobody’s playing better right now. The leading candidate to win the Hart and Art Ross.
Jason Pominville – Might break down and start sobbing.
Scott Hartnell — To make a statement to the All-Star selection committee.
Keith Yandle – Because it would be awesome to pick Keith Yandle with the first selection.
OK, here’s the roster, go make your pick…
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)