Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Who would you pick first in the All-Star draft?
Daniel Alfredsson is already on the record as saying he’s going to pick teammate Erik Karlsson if he gets the first selection in Thursday’s All-Star Fantasy Draft, but let’s say you’re the captain. You’re not in the NHL, so you don’t have to do the politically correct thing. You could pick who you think is the best player. You could pick who you think is the worst player, just for shock value. For the ladies out there, you could pick the dreamiest.
A few suggestions:
Evgeni Malkin – Nobody’s playing better right now. The leading candidate to win the Hart and Art Ross.
Jason Pominville – Might break down and start sobbing.
Scott Hartnell — To make a statement to the All-Star selection committee.
Keith Yandle – Because it would be awesome to pick Keith Yandle with the first selection.
OK, here’s the roster, go make your pick…
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 16
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 20
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 57
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (69)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car