Jan 23, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars received some more bad injury news today — thought it came with a silver lining.
“Ribby is pretty close,” head coach Glen Gulutzan said of Ribeiro, who has missed the last seven games with an MCL tear. “He practiced today and we’ll see how he is for tomorrow.”
Ribeiro skated on Dallas’ top line at practice on Monday alongside Loui Eriksson and Michael Ryder. His return would be a nice lift in the face two key Dallas injuries: Jamie Benn is on IR after undergoing an appendectomy, and it’s unclear how much time Morrow will miss with his neck issue.
Morrow’s currently listed as day-to-day, but given how injury-plagued he’s been this year — he’s playing with a knee brace and already missed time with an upper-body injury — there’s no telling how long he’ll be gone for.
In response to putting Morrow on IR the Stars called up Matt Fraser from AHL Texas. He’s expected to play on Tuesday and will be making his NHL debut.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)