Jan 23, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
The Dallas Stars received some more bad injury news today — thought it came with a silver lining.
“Ribby is pretty close,” head coach Glen Gulutzan said of Ribeiro, who has missed the last seven games with an MCL tear. “He practiced today and we’ll see how he is for tomorrow.”
Ribeiro skated on Dallas’ top line at practice on Monday alongside Loui Eriksson and Michael Ryder. His return would be a nice lift in the face two key Dallas injuries: Jamie Benn is on IR after undergoing an appendectomy, and it’s unclear how much time Morrow will miss with his neck issue.
Morrow’s currently listed as day-to-day, but given how injury-plagued he’s been this year — he’s playing with a knee brace and already missed time with an upper-body injury — there’s no telling how long he’ll be gone for.
In response to putting Morrow on IR the Stars called up Matt Fraser from AHL Texas. He’s expected to play on Tuesday and will be making his NHL debut.
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 5
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 60
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 61
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)