Jan 23, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars received some more bad injury news today — thought it came with a silver lining.
“Ribby is pretty close,” head coach Glen Gulutzan said of Ribeiro, who has missed the last seven games with an MCL tear. “He practiced today and we’ll see how he is for tomorrow.”
Ribeiro skated on Dallas’ top line at practice on Monday alongside Loui Eriksson and Michael Ryder. His return would be a nice lift in the face two key Dallas injuries: Jamie Benn is on IR after undergoing an appendectomy, and it’s unclear how much time Morrow will miss with his neck issue.
Morrow’s currently listed as day-to-day, but given how injury-plagued he’s been this year — he’s playing with a knee brace and already missed time with an upper-body injury — there’s no telling how long he’ll be gone for.
In response to putting Morrow on IR the Stars called up Matt Fraser from AHL Texas. He’s expected to play on Tuesday and will be making his NHL debut.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)