Jan 23, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars received some more bad injury news today — thought it came with a silver lining.
“Ribby is pretty close,” head coach Glen Gulutzan said of Ribeiro, who has missed the last seven games with an MCL tear. “He practiced today and we’ll see how he is for tomorrow.”
Ribeiro skated on Dallas’ top line at practice on Monday alongside Loui Eriksson and Michael Ryder. His return would be a nice lift in the face two key Dallas injuries: Jamie Benn is on IR after undergoing an appendectomy, and it’s unclear how much time Morrow will miss with his neck issue.
Morrow’s currently listed as day-to-day, but given how injury-plagued he’s been this year — he’s playing with a knee brace and already missed time with an upper-body injury — there’s no telling how long he’ll be gone for.
In response to putting Morrow on IR the Stars called up Matt Fraser from AHL Texas. He’s expected to play on Tuesday and will be making his NHL debut.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)