Jan 23, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars received some more bad injury news today — thought it came with a silver lining.
“Ribby is pretty close,” head coach Glen Gulutzan said of Ribeiro, who has missed the last seven games with an MCL tear. “He practiced today and we’ll see how he is for tomorrow.”
Ribeiro skated on Dallas’ top line at practice on Monday alongside Loui Eriksson and Michael Ryder. His return would be a nice lift in the face two key Dallas injuries: Jamie Benn is on IR after undergoing an appendectomy, and it’s unclear how much time Morrow will miss with his neck issue.
Morrow’s currently listed as day-to-day, but given how injury-plagued he’s been this year — he’s playing with a knee brace and already missed time with an upper-body injury — there’s no telling how long he’ll be gone for.
In response to putting Morrow on IR the Stars called up Matt Fraser from AHL Texas. He’s expected to play on Tuesday and will be making his NHL debut.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 64
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)