Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM EST
Turns out Goligoski is doing just fine for the Stars as they’ve announced they’ve signed Goligoski to a four-year extension worth $18.4 million.
Goligoski’s extension works out to a cap hit of $4.6 million over the next four years. Goligoski was set to become a restricted free agent in the offseason but will instead stick around in Dallas for what works out to be a $2.8 million raise per year against the cap. Not bad for the former Penguins second round pick out of Minnesota.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is putting his faith and money behind the 26-year-old defenseman. After scoring 14 goals and adding a career-high 46 points last season, the Stars are banking on Goligoski having more big seasons like that in the future.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)