Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
Turns out Goligoski is doing just fine for the Stars as they’ve announced they’ve signed Goligoski to a four-year extension worth $18.4 million.
Goligoski’s extension works out to a cap hit of $4.6 million over the next four years. Goligoski was set to become a restricted free agent in the offseason but will instead stick around in Dallas for what works out to be a $2.8 million raise per year against the cap. Not bad for the former Penguins second round pick out of Minnesota.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is putting his faith and money behind the 26-year-old defenseman. After scoring 14 goals and adding a career-high 46 points last season, the Stars are banking on Goligoski having more big seasons like that in the future.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)