Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM EST
Turns out Goligoski is doing just fine for the Stars as they’ve announced they’ve signed Goligoski to a four-year extension worth $18.4 million.
Goligoski’s extension works out to a cap hit of $4.6 million over the next four years. Goligoski was set to become a restricted free agent in the offseason but will instead stick around in Dallas for what works out to be a $2.8 million raise per year against the cap. Not bad for the former Penguins second round pick out of Minnesota.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is putting his faith and money behind the 26-year-old defenseman. After scoring 14 goals and adding a career-high 46 points last season, the Stars are banking on Goligoski having more big seasons like that in the future.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)