Jan 23, 2012, 12:39 PM EST
Turns out Goligoski is doing just fine for the Stars as they’ve announced they’ve signed Goligoski to a four-year extension worth $18.4 million.
Goligoski’s extension works out to a cap hit of $4.6 million over the next four years. Goligoski was set to become a restricted free agent in the offseason but will instead stick around in Dallas for what works out to be a $2.8 million raise per year against the cap. Not bad for the former Penguins second round pick out of Minnesota.
Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is putting his faith and money behind the 26-year-old defenseman. After scoring 14 goals and adding a career-high 46 points last season, the Stars are banking on Goligoski having more big seasons like that in the future.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 6
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 14
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)