Jan 23, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The good life just got better for the Nashville Predators.
Winners of two straight and eight of their last 10, the Preds will welcome back All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter tonight as they face Columbus. Suter, who ranks third in the NHL in average TOI (26:30) has missed the last three games with an upper-body injury and while the Preds have played well without him — posting a 2-1 record and a big 5-2 win over Chicago on Saturday — they’ll be pleased to get him back.
The news also means Suter will likely participate in the 2012 NHL All-Star game in Ottawa, though he was quick to point out it wasn’t a guarantee.
“What I said before was if I don’t play with my team before the All-Star break, then it’s not fair to go and play in something like that,” Suter told NHL.com. “Hopefully, everything goes well in the next couple of days and go have fun.”
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)