Jan 23, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The good life just got better for the Nashville Predators.
Winners of two straight and eight of their last 10, the Preds will welcome back All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter tonight as they face Columbus. Suter, who ranks third in the NHL in average TOI (26:30) has missed the last three games with an upper-body injury and while the Preds have played well without him — posting a 2-1 record and a big 5-2 win over Chicago on Saturday — they’ll be pleased to get him back.
The news also means Suter will likely participate in the 2012 NHL All-Star game in Ottawa, though he was quick to point out it wasn’t a guarantee.
“What I said before was if I don’t play with my team before the All-Star break, then it’s not fair to go and play in something like that,” Suter told NHL.com. “Hopefully, everything goes well in the next couple of days and go have fun.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)