Jan 23, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The good life just got better for the Nashville Predators.
Winners of two straight and eight of their last 10, the Preds will welcome back All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter tonight as they face Columbus. Suter, who ranks third in the NHL in average TOI (26:30) has missed the last three games with an upper-body injury and while the Preds have played well without him — posting a 2-1 record and a big 5-2 win over Chicago on Saturday — they’ll be pleased to get him back.
The news also means Suter will likely participate in the 2012 NHL All-Star game in Ottawa, though he was quick to point out it wasn’t a guarantee.
“What I said before was if I don’t play with my team before the All-Star break, then it’s not fair to go and play in something like that,” Suter told NHL.com. “Hopefully, everything goes well in the next couple of days and go have fun.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)