Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings extended their franchise record for consecutive home wins to 17 as they beat the St. Louis Blues 3-1. Jimmy Howard became the first goalie to record 30 victories this season while Pavel Datsyuk scored a goal and an assist.
Detroit continues to rank atop the NHL, adding to its leads over Central Division rivals from Chicago and St. Louis to three points each. Obviously the Red Wings still don’t have much room to breathe, but one could argue that Detroit won a “statement game” tonight.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Watch the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)