Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings extended their franchise record for consecutive home wins to 17 as they beat the St. Louis Blues 3-1. Jimmy Howard became the first goalie to record 30 victories this season while Pavel Datsyuk scored a goal and an assist.
Detroit continues to rank atop the NHL, adding to its leads over Central Division rivals from Chicago and St. Louis to three points each. Obviously the Red Wings still don’t have much room to breathe, but one could argue that Detroit won a “statement game” tonight.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Watch the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (55)