Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings extended their franchise record for consecutive home wins to 17 as they beat the St. Louis Blues 3-1. Jimmy Howard became the first goalie to record 30 victories this season while Pavel Datsyuk scored a goal and an assist.
Detroit continues to rank atop the NHL, adding to its leads over Central Division rivals from Chicago and St. Louis to three points each. Obviously the Red Wings still don’t have much room to breathe, but one could argue that Detroit won a “statement game” tonight.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Watch the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 0
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 33
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 23
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 48
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)