Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Red Wings extended their franchise record for consecutive home wins to 17 as they beat the St. Louis Blues 3-1. Jimmy Howard became the first goalie to record 30 victories this season while Pavel Datsyuk scored a goal and an assist.
Detroit continues to rank atop the NHL, adding to its leads over Central Division rivals from Chicago and St. Louis to three points each. Obviously the Red Wings still don’t have much room to breathe, but one could argue that Detroit won a “statement game” tonight.
Here’s the recap:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Watch the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)