Jan 23, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports there will be no supplementary discipline for Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek after this hit on Matt Hendricks during Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Washington game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Michalek received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play and later admitted to delivering a dangerous hit.
Hendricks told the Washington Post he was “feeling good” on Monday and showed no ill-effects from the hit. The Caps tough guy said he didn’t want to comment on whether Michalek should’ve been suspended, but did say he’d like the game to remain physical — minus dangerous plays.
“You do you want it to be physical, you don’t want head shots,” Hendricks said. “You don’t want guys going hunting for each other — trying to put them out with concussions, things like that. But at the same time, if this game isn’t played physically, it’s not a very good hockey game. You see the all the skill take over; makes the game easy on a lot of the players.”
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22