Jan 23, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports there will be no supplementary discipline for Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek after this hit on Matt Hendricks during Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Washington game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Michalek received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play and later admitted to delivering a dangerous hit.
Hendricks told the Washington Post he was “feeling good” on Monday and showed no ill-effects from the hit. The Caps tough guy said he didn’t want to comment on whether Michalek should’ve been suspended, but did say he’d like the game to remain physical — minus dangerous plays.
“You do you want it to be physical, you don’t want head shots,” Hendricks said. “You don’t want guys going hunting for each other — trying to put them out with concussions, things like that. But at the same time, if this game isn’t played physically, it’s not a very good hockey game. You see the all the skill take over; makes the game easy on a lot of the players.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39