Jan 23, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports there will be no supplementary discipline for Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek after this hit on Matt Hendricks during Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Washington game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Michalek received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play and later admitted to delivering a dangerous hit.
Hendricks told the Washington Post he was “feeling good” on Monday and showed no ill-effects from the hit. The Caps tough guy said he didn’t want to comment on whether Michalek should’ve been suspended, but did say he’d like the game to remain physical — minus dangerous plays.
“You do you want it to be physical, you don’t want head shots,” Hendricks said. “You don’t want guys going hunting for each other — trying to put them out with concussions, things like that. But at the same time, if this game isn’t played physically, it’s not a very good hockey game. You see the all the skill take over; makes the game easy on a lot of the players.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 39
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)