Jan 23, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports there will be no supplementary discipline for Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek after this hit on Matt Hendricks during Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Washington game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Michalek received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play and later admitted to delivering a dangerous hit.
Hendricks told the Washington Post he was “feeling good” on Monday and showed no ill-effects from the hit. The Caps tough guy said he didn’t want to comment on whether Michalek should’ve been suspended, but did say he’d like the game to remain physical — minus dangerous plays.
“You do you want it to be physical, you don’t want head shots,” Hendricks said. “You don’t want guys going hunting for each other — trying to put them out with concussions, things like that. But at the same time, if this game isn’t played physically, it’s not a very good hockey game. You see the all the skill take over; makes the game easy on a lot of the players.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7