Jan 23, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports there will be no supplementary discipline for Penguins defenseman Zbynek Michalek after this hit on Matt Hendricks during Sunday’s Pittsburgh-Washington game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Michalek received a two-minute elbowing minor on the play and later admitted to delivering a dangerous hit.
Hendricks told the Washington Post he was “feeling good” on Monday and showed no ill-effects from the hit. The Caps tough guy said he didn’t want to comment on whether Michalek should’ve been suspended, but did say he’d like the game to remain physical — minus dangerous plays.
“You do you want it to be physical, you don’t want head shots,” Hendricks said. “You don’t want guys going hunting for each other — trying to put them out with concussions, things like that. But at the same time, if this game isn’t played physically, it’s not a very good hockey game. You see the all the skill take over; makes the game easy on a lot of the players.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13