Jan 23, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
If you were wondering where Nathan Horton was towards the end of the Bruins’ 6-5 shootout win over Philly, you weren’t alone.
Horton was held out of the third period and overtime thanks to a hit in the head by Flyers forward Tom Sestito. After seeing what Horton went through last year after being hit unknowingly by Vancouver’s Aaron Rome in the Stanley Cup finals, Horton and the Bruins are a bit more sensitive about seeing guys hit in the head.
You can see Sestito’s hit in this crude video from YouTube.
After the game, Claude Julien sounded off to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty about the play and why Horton stayed off the ice.
“There was a blindside hit on Horton. [The Washington game] is two days away, so we’ll see,” said Bruins head coach Claude Julien. “I haven’t had a chance to talk to our trainers or even get a doctor’s report to see how severe it is right now. I guess we’ll find out in the next few days here, but certainly [the doctors] didn’t allow him to come back in this game.”
It was good to see the doctors do their job there and erring on the safe side, but whether or not the NHL decides to take action against Sestito is still undecided. This play seems like it falls right in the wheelhouse for Brendan Shanahan to pick up the phone.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)