Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
While we await Tim Thomas’s explanation for skipping the Bruins’ visit to the White House today, here’s a picture of the team with President Barack Obama.
According to the Associated Press, Obama said what most sports fans outside of Beantown have been thinking lately: “The Bruins, the Sox, the Celtics, now the Patriots. Enough already, Boston.”
Pretty good line.
Actually, wait, could he make that a law? That teams from Boston can’t win titles anymore? Even the Republicans could get on board with that, right? It’s time to unite the nation, Mr. President.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)