Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
While we await Tim Thomas’s explanation for skipping the Bruins’ visit to the White House today, here’s a picture of the team with President Barack Obama.
According to the Associated Press, Obama said what most sports fans outside of Beantown have been thinking lately: “The Bruins, the Sox, the Celtics, now the Patriots. Enough already, Boston.”
Pretty good line.
Actually, wait, could he make that a law? That teams from Boston can’t win titles anymore? Even the Republicans could get on board with that, right? It’s time to unite the nation, Mr. President.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)