Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
While we await Tim Thomas’s explanation for skipping the Bruins’ visit to the White House today, here’s a picture of the team with President Barack Obama.
According to the Associated Press, Obama said what most sports fans outside of Beantown have been thinking lately: “The Bruins, the Sox, the Celtics, now the Patriots. Enough already, Boston.”
Pretty good line.
Actually, wait, could he make that a law? That teams from Boston can’t win titles anymore? Even the Republicans could get on board with that, right? It’s time to unite the nation, Mr. President.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)