Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
While we await Tim Thomas’s explanation for skipping the Bruins’ visit to the White House today, here’s a picture of the team with President Barack Obama.
According to the Associated Press, Obama said what most sports fans outside of Beantown have been thinking lately: “The Bruins, the Sox, the Celtics, now the Patriots. Enough already, Boston.”
Pretty good line.
Actually, wait, could he make that a law? That teams from Boston can’t win titles anymore? Even the Republicans could get on board with that, right? It’s time to unite the nation, Mr. President.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)