Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
While we await Tim Thomas’s explanation for skipping the Bruins’ visit to the White House today, here’s a picture of the team with President Barack Obama.
According to the Associated Press, Obama said what most sports fans outside of Beantown have been thinking lately: “The Bruins, the Sox, the Celtics, now the Patriots. Enough already, Boston.”
Pretty good line.
Actually, wait, could he make that a law? That teams from Boston can’t win titles anymore? Even the Republicans could get on board with that, right? It’s time to unite the nation, Mr. President.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)