Jan 23, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports that Bruins forward Nathan Horton is listed as day-to-day with what Boston GM Peter Chiarelli is calling a “mild concussion.”
Horton suffered the injury during Sunday’s game against Philadelphia, when he took this shot from Flyers forward Tom Sestito during the second period (FF to 0:23 mark):
Horton was held out of the third period, overtime and shootout. Bruins coach Claude Julien said it was a “blindside hit” but didn’t speculate on the severity of the injury. That was left to Chiarelli.
“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a ‘mild concussion’ from what I saw and heard last night – and talking to him today,” he told CSNNE. “These things are day-to-day so I’d say he’s day-to-day.
“He’s in that gray area between taking the impact testing and see how it is the next day and the following day. Then you make a determination. He’s in that gray area right now.”
Horton has a history of head injuries dating back to the concussion suffered at the hands of Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during last June’s Stanley Cup Finals. That cost him the final four games of the series and a portion of his offseason skating routine, perhaps contributing to his slow start to this season.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)