Jan 23, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports that Bruins forward Nathan Horton is listed as day-to-day with what Boston GM Peter Chiarelli is calling a “mild concussion.”
Horton suffered the injury during Sunday’s game against Philadelphia, when he took this shot from Flyers forward Tom Sestito during the second period (FF to 0:23 mark):
Horton was held out of the third period, overtime and shootout. Bruins coach Claude Julien said it was a “blindside hit” but didn’t speculate on the severity of the injury. That was left to Chiarelli.
“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a ‘mild concussion’ from what I saw and heard last night – and talking to him today,” he told CSNNE. “These things are day-to-day so I’d say he’s day-to-day.
“He’s in that gray area between taking the impact testing and see how it is the next day and the following day. Then you make a determination. He’s in that gray area right now.”
Horton has a history of head injuries dating back to the concussion suffered at the hands of Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during last June’s Stanley Cup Finals. That cost him the final four games of the series and a portion of his offseason skating routine, perhaps contributing to his slow start to this season.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)