Jan 23, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports that Bruins forward Nathan Horton is listed as day-to-day with what Boston GM Peter Chiarelli is calling a “mild concussion.”
Horton suffered the injury during Sunday’s game against Philadelphia, when he took this shot from Flyers forward Tom Sestito during the second period (FF to 0:23 mark):
Horton was held out of the third period, overtime and shootout. Bruins coach Claude Julien said it was a “blindside hit” but didn’t speculate on the severity of the injury. That was left to Chiarelli.
“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a ‘mild concussion’ from what I saw and heard last night – and talking to him today,” he told CSNNE. “These things are day-to-day so I’d say he’s day-to-day.
“He’s in that gray area between taking the impact testing and see how it is the next day and the following day. Then you make a determination. He’s in that gray area right now.”
Horton has a history of head injuries dating back to the concussion suffered at the hands of Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during last June’s Stanley Cup Finals. That cost him the final four games of the series and a portion of his offseason skating routine, perhaps contributing to his slow start to this season.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)