Jan 23, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty reports that Bruins forward Nathan Horton is listed as day-to-day with what Boston GM Peter Chiarelli is calling a “mild concussion.”
Horton suffered the injury during Sunday’s game against Philadelphia, when he took this shot from Flyers forward Tom Sestito during the second period (FF to 0:23 mark):
Horton was held out of the third period, overtime and shootout. Bruins coach Claude Julien said it was a “blindside hit” but didn’t speculate on the severity of the injury. That was left to Chiarelli.
“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a ‘mild concussion’ from what I saw and heard last night – and talking to him today,” he told CSNNE. “These things are day-to-day so I’d say he’s day-to-day.
“He’s in that gray area between taking the impact testing and see how it is the next day and the following day. Then you make a determination. He’s in that gray area right now.”
Horton has a history of head injuries dating back to the concussion suffered at the hands of Vancouver’s Aaron Rome during last June’s Stanley Cup Finals. That cost him the final four games of the series and a portion of his offseason skating routine, perhaps contributing to his slow start to this season.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (79)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)