Jan 22, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Flyers game in Philadelphia has been full of the rough and tumble stuff you expect from these two teams, but one hit in particular will have everyone talking.
Flyers forward Brayden Schenn laid out Bruins defenseman Steve Kampfer with a gigantic hit as Kampfer carried the puck out from behind his net. As you might expect, the Bruins didn’t think highly of the hit and Chris Kelly stepped up to fight Schenn even in spite of the hit being perfectly legal.
Check out the play yourself to see how rough Kampfer had it. The hit put Kampfer out of the game for a short time but he did return later.
(Thanks to HockeyFights.com for the video)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7