Jan 22, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Flyers game in Philadelphia has been full of the rough and tumble stuff you expect from these two teams, but one hit in particular will have everyone talking.
Flyers forward Brayden Schenn laid out Bruins defenseman Steve Kampfer with a gigantic hit as Kampfer carried the puck out from behind his net. As you might expect, the Bruins didn’t think highly of the hit and Chris Kelly stepped up to fight Schenn even in spite of the hit being perfectly legal.
Check out the play yourself to see how rough Kampfer had it. The hit put Kampfer out of the game for a short time but he did return later.
(Thanks to HockeyFights.com for the video)
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)