Jan 22, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Flyers game in Philadelphia has been full of the rough and tumble stuff you expect from these two teams, but one hit in particular will have everyone talking.
Flyers forward Brayden Schenn laid out Bruins defenseman Steve Kampfer with a gigantic hit as Kampfer carried the puck out from behind his net. As you might expect, the Bruins didn’t think highly of the hit and Chris Kelly stepped up to fight Schenn even in spite of the hit being perfectly legal.
Check out the play yourself to see how rough Kampfer had it. The hit put Kampfer out of the game for a short time but he did return later.
(Thanks to HockeyFights.com for the video)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)