Jan 22, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Flyers game in Philadelphia has been full of the rough and tumble stuff you expect from these two teams, but one hit in particular will have everyone talking.
Flyers forward Brayden Schenn laid out Bruins defenseman Steve Kampfer with a gigantic hit as Kampfer carried the puck out from behind his net. As you might expect, the Bruins didn’t think highly of the hit and Chris Kelly stepped up to fight Schenn even in spite of the hit being perfectly legal.
Check out the play yourself to see how rough Kampfer had it. The hit put Kampfer out of the game for a short time but he did return later.
(Thanks to HockeyFights.com for the video)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6