Jan 22, 2012, 11:43 AM EST
Zetterberg was kicked out of last night’s game against Columbus for a play that saw him apparently shove Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin from behind into the boards. Nikitin went knees-first into the end boards and down on the ice injured.
Zetterberg was given a five minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. The play looks really awkward.
Unlike on Ference’s hit, Zetterberg seems to give Nikitin a little shove helping Nikitin lose an edge going into the boards.
Darren Dreger of TSN says that there won’t be any league discipline for the hit because they don’t believe Zetterberg intended to shove Nikitin. Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Nikitin is out with a knee injury. Is that the right call here or should Zetterberg at least have a talk with the league?
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)