Jan 22, 2012, 11:43 AM EST
Zetterberg was kicked out of last night’s game against Columbus for a play that saw him apparently shove Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin from behind into the boards. Nikitin went knees-first into the end boards and down on the ice injured.
Zetterberg was given a five minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. The play looks really awkward.
Unlike on Ference’s hit, Zetterberg seems to give Nikitin a little shove helping Nikitin lose an edge going into the boards.
Darren Dreger of TSN says that there won’t be any league discipline for the hit because they don’t believe Zetterberg intended to shove Nikitin. Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Nikitin is out with a knee injury. Is that the right call here or should Zetterberg at least have a talk with the league?
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11