Jan 22, 2012, 11:43 AM EDT
Zetterberg was kicked out of last night’s game against Columbus for a play that saw him apparently shove Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin from behind into the boards. Nikitin went knees-first into the end boards and down on the ice injured.
Zetterberg was given a five minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. The play looks really awkward.
Unlike on Ference’s hit, Zetterberg seems to give Nikitin a little shove helping Nikitin lose an edge going into the boards.
Darren Dreger of TSN says that there won’t be any league discipline for the hit because they don’t believe Zetterberg intended to shove Nikitin. Meanwhile, Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Nikitin is out with a knee injury. Is that the right call here or should Zetterberg at least have a talk with the league?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)