Jan 22, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
NHL elders Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne may have earned the right to sit out the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but one could argue that any injured player should try to do the same.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers wonders if far-from-old-timer Jonathan Toews might be one of those players. Toews is suffering from what seems like a minor hand injury, so missing the Chicago Blackhawks’ next game and sitting out All-Star weekend could give him nine days of rest while missing a minimal amount of time.
The Blackhawks play against the Nashville Predators this Tuesday and then don’t have another game until they visit the hated Canucks in Vancouver a week later on Jan. 31.
Having a big star like Toews is always a good thing for the NHL, but you can’t blame the Blackhawks if they ask their captain to take a mini-vacation. Being fresh against Chicago’s bitterest rivals might be enough motivation.
For more on Toews’ injury situation and other Blackhawks issues, check out this video from CSNChicago:
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)