Jan 22, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
NHL elders Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne may have earned the right to sit out the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but one could argue that any injured player should try to do the same.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers wonders if far-from-old-timer Jonathan Toews might be one of those players. Toews is suffering from what seems like a minor hand injury, so missing the Chicago Blackhawks’ next game and sitting out All-Star weekend could give him nine days of rest while missing a minimal amount of time.
The Blackhawks play against the Nashville Predators this Tuesday and then don’t have another game until they visit the hated Canucks in Vancouver a week later on Jan. 31.
Having a big star like Toews is always a good thing for the NHL, but you can’t blame the Blackhawks if they ask their captain to take a mini-vacation. Being fresh against Chicago’s bitterest rivals might be enough motivation.
For more on Toews’ injury situation and other Blackhawks issues, check out this video from CSNChicago:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5