Jan 22, 2012, 9:56 PM EST
NHL elders Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne may have earned the right to sit out the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but one could argue that any injured player should try to do the same.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers wonders if far-from-old-timer Jonathan Toews might be one of those players. Toews is suffering from what seems like a minor hand injury, so missing the Chicago Blackhawks’ next game and sitting out All-Star weekend could give him nine days of rest while missing a minimal amount of time.
The Blackhawks play against the Nashville Predators this Tuesday and then don’t have another game until they visit the hated Canucks in Vancouver a week later on Jan. 31.
Having a big star like Toews is always a good thing for the NHL, but you can’t blame the Blackhawks if they ask their captain to take a mini-vacation. Being fresh against Chicago’s bitterest rivals might be enough motivation.
For more on Toews’ injury situation and other Blackhawks issues, check out this video from CSNChicago:
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 19
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11