Jan 22, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
NHL elders Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne may have earned the right to sit out the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but one could argue that any injured player should try to do the same.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers wonders if far-from-old-timer Jonathan Toews might be one of those players. Toews is suffering from what seems like a minor hand injury, so missing the Chicago Blackhawks’ next game and sitting out All-Star weekend could give him nine days of rest while missing a minimal amount of time.
The Blackhawks play against the Nashville Predators this Tuesday and then don’t have another game until they visit the hated Canucks in Vancouver a week later on Jan. 31.
Having a big star like Toews is always a good thing for the NHL, but you can’t blame the Blackhawks if they ask their captain to take a mini-vacation. Being fresh against Chicago’s bitterest rivals might be enough motivation.
For more on Toews’ injury situation and other Blackhawks issues, check out this video from CSNChicago:
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38