Jan 22, 2012, 9:56 PM EST
NHL elders Nicklas Lidstrom and Teemu Selanne may have earned the right to sit out the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but one could argue that any injured player should try to do the same.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers wonders if far-from-old-timer Jonathan Toews might be one of those players. Toews is suffering from what seems like a minor hand injury, so missing the Chicago Blackhawks’ next game and sitting out All-Star weekend could give him nine days of rest while missing a minimal amount of time.
The Blackhawks play against the Nashville Predators this Tuesday and then don’t have another game until they visit the hated Canucks in Vancouver a week later on Jan. 31.
Having a big star like Toews is always a good thing for the NHL, but you can’t blame the Blackhawks if they ask their captain to take a mini-vacation. Being fresh against Chicago’s bitterest rivals might be enough motivation.
For more on Toews’ injury situation and other Blackhawks issues, check out this video from CSNChicago:
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)