Jan 22, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
More often than not, the Philadelphia Flyers find ways to score goals – they scored five in a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins tonight. That being said, it’s likely that more than a few fans are wondering how explosive they’d be if Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere and James van Riemsdyk were back in the lineup.
Flyers fans will need to use their imaginations for quite a bit longer, however, as the Flyers essentially announced that nothing’s changed regarding the injured forwards’ situations (along with hard-hitter Zach Rinaldo, too).
In other words, van Riemsdyk and Briere remain in concussion limbo while Jagr (lower-body/groin) and Rinaldo (upper-body) are day-to-day just like before.
The Flyers remain ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins for second place in the Atlantic and rank fourth overall in the Eastern Conference. To stay there, they’ll need to continue collecting points – whether they’re 100 percent or not.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)