Jan 22, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
More often than not, the Philadelphia Flyers find ways to score goals – they scored five in a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins tonight. That being said, it’s likely that more than a few fans are wondering how explosive they’d be if Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere and James van Riemsdyk were back in the lineup.
Flyers fans will need to use their imaginations for quite a bit longer, however, as the Flyers essentially announced that nothing’s changed regarding the injured forwards’ situations (along with hard-hitter Zach Rinaldo, too).
In other words, van Riemsdyk and Briere remain in concussion limbo while Jagr (lower-body/groin) and Rinaldo (upper-body) are day-to-day just like before.
The Flyers remain ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins for second place in the Atlantic and rank fourth overall in the Eastern Conference. To stay there, they’ll need to continue collecting points – whether they’re 100 percent or not.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans have a right to be upset with St. Louis 2
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)