Jan 22, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
More often than not, the Philadelphia Flyers find ways to score goals – they scored five in a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins tonight. That being said, it’s likely that more than a few fans are wondering how explosive they’d be if Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere and James van Riemsdyk were back in the lineup.
Flyers fans will need to use their imaginations for quite a bit longer, however, as the Flyers essentially announced that nothing’s changed regarding the injured forwards’ situations (along with hard-hitter Zach Rinaldo, too).
In other words, van Riemsdyk and Briere remain in concussion limbo while Jagr (lower-body/groin) and Rinaldo (upper-body) are day-to-day just like before.
The Flyers remain ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins for second place in the Atlantic and rank fourth overall in the Eastern Conference. To stay there, they’ll need to continue collecting points – whether they’re 100 percent or not.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35