Jan 22, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
More often than not, the Philadelphia Flyers find ways to score goals – they scored five in a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins tonight. That being said, it’s likely that more than a few fans are wondering how explosive they’d be if Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere and James van Riemsdyk were back in the lineup.
Flyers fans will need to use their imaginations for quite a bit longer, however, as the Flyers essentially announced that nothing’s changed regarding the injured forwards’ situations (along with hard-hitter Zach Rinaldo, too).
In other words, van Riemsdyk and Briere remain in concussion limbo while Jagr (lower-body/groin) and Rinaldo (upper-body) are day-to-day just like before.
The Flyers remain ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins for second place in the Atlantic and rank fourth overall in the Eastern Conference. To stay there, they’ll need to continue collecting points – whether they’re 100 percent or not.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 45
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal