Jan 22, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
More often than not, the Philadelphia Flyers find ways to score goals – they scored five in a shootout loss to the Boston Bruins tonight. That being said, it’s likely that more than a few fans are wondering how explosive they’d be if Jaromir Jagr, Daniel Briere and James van Riemsdyk were back in the lineup.
Flyers fans will need to use their imaginations for quite a bit longer, however, as the Flyers essentially announced that nothing’s changed regarding the injured forwards’ situations (along with hard-hitter Zach Rinaldo, too).
In other words, van Riemsdyk and Briere remain in concussion limbo while Jagr (lower-body/groin) and Rinaldo (upper-body) are day-to-day just like before.
The Flyers remain ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins for second place in the Atlantic and rank fourth overall in the Eastern Conference. To stay there, they’ll need to continue collecting points – whether they’re 100 percent or not.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)