Jan 21, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Subban was fined $2,500 by the NHL for what the league is calling a “dangerous trip” on Kunitz during the third period of the Pens’ 5-4 shootout win over the Habs. If you didn’t know already, $2,500 is the maximum allowable fine under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Subban was able to avoid action by the league for elbowing Boston’s David Krejci just last week, but it’s apparent that the league warned him about these sorts of hits. Now that Subban has been fined for this apparent slew-foot he’ll forever be on the league’s radar for any kind of dangerous hit or play.
Such is life when you earn a record like that and now Subban will need to watch himself, or his feet, in the future.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47