Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
The NHL named Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul as assistant captains for the All-Star Game next weekend in Ottawa. Lundqvist will be joining up with Team Alfredsson while Lupul will help out Team Chara and you can almost see how the All-Star Fantasy Draft will shape up.
With Alfredsson and Lundqvist together, Team Alfie already has a head start on having a very Swedish flavor. Meanwhile, Team Chara could end up having Leafs and Bruins all coexisting for the weekend. How about Phil Kessel being coached by Claude Julien one more time? Sure why not, it’s not like you have to back check in the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Fantasy Draft is set to take place Thursday night from Ottawa to draw up sides for the Skills Competition and All-Star Game next Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)