Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
The NHL named Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul as assistant captains for the All-Star Game next weekend in Ottawa. Lundqvist will be joining up with Team Alfredsson while Lupul will help out Team Chara and you can almost see how the All-Star Fantasy Draft will shape up.
With Alfredsson and Lundqvist together, Team Alfie already has a head start on having a very Swedish flavor. Meanwhile, Team Chara could end up having Leafs and Bruins all coexisting for the weekend. How about Phil Kessel being coached by Claude Julien one more time? Sure why not, it’s not like you have to back check in the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Fantasy Draft is set to take place Thursday night from Ottawa to draw up sides for the Skills Competition and All-Star Game next Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)