Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
The NHL named Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul as assistant captains for the All-Star Game next weekend in Ottawa. Lundqvist will be joining up with Team Alfredsson while Lupul will help out Team Chara and you can almost see how the All-Star Fantasy Draft will shape up.
With Alfredsson and Lundqvist together, Team Alfie already has a head start on having a very Swedish flavor. Meanwhile, Team Chara could end up having Leafs and Bruins all coexisting for the weekend. How about Phil Kessel being coached by Claude Julien one more time? Sure why not, it’s not like you have to back check in the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Fantasy Draft is set to take place Thursday night from Ottawa to draw up sides for the Skills Competition and All-Star Game next Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 11
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 21
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 29
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 67
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)