Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
The NHL named Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul as assistant captains for the All-Star Game next weekend in Ottawa. Lundqvist will be joining up with Team Alfredsson while Lupul will help out Team Chara and you can almost see how the All-Star Fantasy Draft will shape up.
With Alfredsson and Lundqvist together, Team Alfie already has a head start on having a very Swedish flavor. Meanwhile, Team Chara could end up having Leafs and Bruins all coexisting for the weekend. How about Phil Kessel being coached by Claude Julien one more time? Sure why not, it’s not like you have to back check in the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Fantasy Draft is set to take place Thursday night from Ottawa to draw up sides for the Skills Competition and All-Star Game next Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)