Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
The NHL named Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul as assistant captains for the All-Star Game next weekend in Ottawa. Lundqvist will be joining up with Team Alfredsson while Lupul will help out Team Chara and you can almost see how the All-Star Fantasy Draft will shape up.
With Alfredsson and Lundqvist together, Team Alfie already has a head start on having a very Swedish flavor. Meanwhile, Team Chara could end up having Leafs and Bruins all coexisting for the weekend. How about Phil Kessel being coached by Claude Julien one more time? Sure why not, it’s not like you have to back check in the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Fantasy Draft is set to take place Thursday night from Ottawa to draw up sides for the Skills Competition and All-Star Game next Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)