Jan 21, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard about Jaromir Jagr hurting his lower body during a game so we were long overdue for something like that to happen.
Sure enough during the Flyers’ 4-1 win over New Jersey, Jagr left the game in the first period with what the team is calling a lower body injury. Jagr has had two different spells this year dealing with a groin injury and you’d have to assume that that’s what is giving him trouble yet again.
Both times Jagr returned from his previous groin injuries this season he came back ahead of schedule to play once again. The last time Jagr was hurt was during the Winter Classic against the Rangers. At 39-years-old Jagr is going to deal with nagging issues now and again, but if this injury is to his groin yet again this becomes more of a concern for the Flyers.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)