Jan 21, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard about Jaromir Jagr hurting his lower body during a game so we were long overdue for something like that to happen.
Sure enough during the Flyers’ 4-1 win over New Jersey, Jagr left the game in the first period with what the team is calling a lower body injury. Jagr has had two different spells this year dealing with a groin injury and you’d have to assume that that’s what is giving him trouble yet again.
Both times Jagr returned from his previous groin injuries this season he came back ahead of schedule to play once again. The last time Jagr was hurt was during the Winter Classic against the Rangers. At 39-years-old Jagr is going to deal with nagging issues now and again, but if this injury is to his groin yet again this becomes more of a concern for the Flyers.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17