Jan 21, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard about Jaromir Jagr hurting his lower body during a game so we were long overdue for something like that to happen.
Sure enough during the Flyers’ 4-1 win over New Jersey, Jagr left the game in the first period with what the team is calling a lower body injury. Jagr has had two different spells this year dealing with a groin injury and you’d have to assume that that’s what is giving him trouble yet again.
Both times Jagr returned from his previous groin injuries this season he came back ahead of schedule to play once again. The last time Jagr was hurt was during the Winter Classic against the Rangers. At 39-years-old Jagr is going to deal with nagging issues now and again, but if this injury is to his groin yet again this becomes more of a concern for the Flyers.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)