Jan 21, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard about Jaromir Jagr hurting his lower body during a game so we were long overdue for something like that to happen.
Sure enough during the Flyers’ 4-1 win over New Jersey, Jagr left the game in the first period with what the team is calling a lower body injury. Jagr has had two different spells this year dealing with a groin injury and you’d have to assume that that’s what is giving him trouble yet again.
Both times Jagr returned from his previous groin injuries this season he came back ahead of schedule to play once again. The last time Jagr was hurt was during the Winter Classic against the Rangers. At 39-years-old Jagr is going to deal with nagging issues now and again, but if this injury is to his groin yet again this becomes more of a concern for the Flyers.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5