Jan 21, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve heard about Jaromir Jagr hurting his lower body during a game so we were long overdue for something like that to happen.
Sure enough during the Flyers’ 4-1 win over New Jersey, Jagr left the game in the first period with what the team is calling a lower body injury. Jagr has had two different spells this year dealing with a groin injury and you’d have to assume that that’s what is giving him trouble yet again.
Both times Jagr returned from his previous groin injuries this season he came back ahead of schedule to play once again. The last time Jagr was hurt was during the Winter Classic against the Rangers. At 39-years-old Jagr is going to deal with nagging issues now and again, but if this injury is to his groin yet again this becomes more of a concern for the Flyers.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)