Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
In a year filled with injuries, lackluster play and swirling trade rumors, highlights have been few and far between for Buffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller.
But on Thursday night, he provided a pretty good one.
Just 3:30 into an eventual 4-1 loss to Winnipeg, Miller robbed Jets forward Tanner Glass of what appeared to be a sure goal:
As great as the save was, it was ultimately overshadowed by another discouraging Buffalo loss. The Sabres have now lost all four games thus far on their seven-game trip and dropped 11 in a row away from home.
“We’re going through a really tough stretch right now,” Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers told NHL.com. “I keep saying the same thing, but it’s true. When things are going this bad, it gets tougher every day to get out of it.”
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)