Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
In a year filled with injuries, lackluster play and swirling trade rumors, highlights have been few and far between for Buffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller.
But on Thursday night, he provided a pretty good one.
Just 3:30 into an eventual 4-1 loss to Winnipeg, Miller robbed Jets forward Tanner Glass of what appeared to be a sure goal:
As great as the save was, it was ultimately overshadowed by another discouraging Buffalo loss. The Sabres have now lost all four games thus far on their seven-game trip and dropped 11 in a row away from home.
“We’re going through a really tough stretch right now,” Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers told NHL.com. “I keep saying the same thing, but it’s true. When things are going this bad, it gets tougher every day to get out of it.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)