Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
In a year filled with injuries, lackluster play and swirling trade rumors, highlights have been few and far between for Buffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller.
But on Thursday night, he provided a pretty good one.
Just 3:30 into an eventual 4-1 loss to Winnipeg, Miller robbed Jets forward Tanner Glass of what appeared to be a sure goal:
As great as the save was, it was ultimately overshadowed by another discouraging Buffalo loss. The Sabres have now lost all four games thus far on their seven-game trip and dropped 11 in a row away from home.
“We’re going through a really tough stretch right now,” Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers told NHL.com. “I keep saying the same thing, but it’s true. When things are going this bad, it gets tougher every day to get out of it.”
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42