Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
In a year filled with injuries, lackluster play and swirling trade rumors, highlights have been few and far between for Buffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller.
But on Thursday night, he provided a pretty good one.
Just 3:30 into an eventual 4-1 loss to Winnipeg, Miller robbed Jets forward Tanner Glass of what appeared to be a sure goal:
As great as the save was, it was ultimately overshadowed by another discouraging Buffalo loss. The Sabres have now lost all four games thus far on their seven-game trip and dropped 11 in a row away from home.
“We’re going through a really tough stretch right now,” Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers told NHL.com. “I keep saying the same thing, but it’s true. When things are going this bad, it gets tougher every day to get out of it.”
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)