Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
In a year filled with injuries, lackluster play and swirling trade rumors, highlights have been few and far between for Buffalo Sabres netminder Ryan Miller.
But on Thursday night, he provided a pretty good one.
Just 3:30 into an eventual 4-1 loss to Winnipeg, Miller robbed Jets forward Tanner Glass of what appeared to be a sure goal:
As great as the save was, it was ultimately overshadowed by another discouraging Buffalo loss. The Sabres have now lost all four games thus far on their seven-game trip and dropped 11 in a row away from home.
“We’re going through a really tough stretch right now,” Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers told NHL.com. “I keep saying the same thing, but it’s true. When things are going this bad, it gets tougher every day to get out of it.”
- Report: Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Panthers interested in Bernier 0
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 6
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103