Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Richards, along with concussed defenseman Michael Sauer, were the only two Rangers not practicing this morning at their Greenburgh facility following last night’s 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
Richards’ injury isn’t the only fallout from the incident.
The alleged Cooke slew foot has come under some scrutiny — especially since Richards was shaken up on the play and logged just 2:38 of ice time in the third period — and was reviewed by the league, but reports indicate Cooke won’t face any supplemental discipline from the because it didn’t qualify as a “traditional” slew foot.
Another Update: From Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, here’s Richards’ explanation of the slew foot/trip.
“He came up from behind me and was besides me. He slew footed me. I don’t know what the definition of a slew foot is but I’ve played enough games to know what a slew foot is. It’s a cheap play. The league does what they do. It’s not the first time he’s done it.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 100
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)