Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Richards, along with concussed defenseman Michael Sauer, were the only two Rangers not practicing this morning at their Greenburgh facility following last night’s 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
Richards’ injury isn’t the only fallout from the incident.
The alleged Cooke slew foot has come under some scrutiny — especially since Richards was shaken up on the play and logged just 2:38 of ice time in the third period — and was reviewed by the league, but reports indicate Cooke won’t face any supplemental discipline from the because it didn’t qualify as a “traditional” slew foot.
Another Update: From Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, here’s Richards’ explanation of the slew foot/trip.
“He came up from behind me and was besides me. He slew footed me. I don’t know what the definition of a slew foot is but I’ve played enough games to know what a slew foot is. It’s a cheap play. The league does what they do. It’s not the first time he’s done it.”
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)