Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Richards, along with concussed defenseman Michael Sauer, were the only two Rangers not practicing this morning at their Greenburgh facility following last night’s 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
Richards’ injury isn’t the only fallout from the incident.
The alleged Cooke slew foot has come under some scrutiny — especially since Richards was shaken up on the play and logged just 2:38 of ice time in the third period — and was reviewed by the league, but reports indicate Cooke won’t face any supplemental discipline from the because it didn’t qualify as a “traditional” slew foot.
Another Update: From Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, here’s Richards’ explanation of the slew foot/trip.
“He came up from behind me and was besides me. He slew footed me. I don’t know what the definition of a slew foot is but I’ve played enough games to know what a slew foot is. It’s a cheap play. The league does what they do. It’s not the first time he’s done it.”
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)