Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Richards, along with concussed defenseman Michael Sauer, were the only two Rangers not practicing this morning at their Greenburgh facility following last night’s 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
Richards’ injury isn’t the only fallout from the incident.
The alleged Cooke slew foot has come under some scrutiny — especially since Richards was shaken up on the play and logged just 2:38 of ice time in the third period — and was reviewed by the league, but reports indicate Cooke won’t face any supplemental discipline from the because it didn’t qualify as a “traditional” slew foot.
Another Update: From Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, here’s Richards’ explanation of the slew foot/trip.
“He came up from behind me and was besides me. He slew footed me. I don’t know what the definition of a slew foot is but I’ve played enough games to know what a slew foot is. It’s a cheap play. The league does what they do. It’s not the first time he’s done it.”
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)