Jan 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Richards, along with concussed defenseman Michael Sauer, were the only two Rangers not practicing this morning at their Greenburgh facility following last night’s 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
Richards’ injury isn’t the only fallout from the incident.
The alleged Cooke slew foot has come under some scrutiny — especially since Richards was shaken up on the play and logged just 2:38 of ice time in the third period — and was reviewed by the league, but reports indicate Cooke won’t face any supplemental discipline from the because it didn’t qualify as a “traditional” slew foot.
Another Update: From Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com, here’s Richards’ explanation of the slew foot/trip.
“He came up from behind me and was besides me. He slew footed me. I don’t know what the definition of a slew foot is but I’ve played enough games to know what a slew foot is. It’s a cheap play. The league does what they do. It’s not the first time he’s done it.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)