Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
You know it’s a slow news day when we’re linking to a story about Jarome Iginla deciding to wear a helmet during pregame warm-ups. No disrespect to Taylor Hall, whose freak injury Tuesday in Columbus led to this great debate over player safety…during warm-ups.
“Jacks (Tim Jackman) got hit (with a puck) not too long ago,” Iginla said yesterday, as per the Calgary Sun. “I’ve had a few of them (miss) and I feel like I’ve been pretty fortunate. A lot of our guys have been getting hit. I don’t know. We’ve all been talking about it so much and you’re kind of on the fence.
“I just threw it on and probably will wear it for now.”
From a safety perspective, it’s obviously a good idea for guys to wear helmets whenever they’re on the ice with pucks flying all over the place, but like Jackman told reporters, “It’s the show. It’s the NHL. It’s nice to go out there and just feel good. To cruise around with no bucket on is nice.”
And with that, we’ll leave you with this:
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63