Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
You know it’s a slow news day when we’re linking to a story about Jarome Iginla deciding to wear a helmet during pregame warm-ups. No disrespect to Taylor Hall, whose freak injury Tuesday in Columbus led to this great debate over player safety…during warm-ups.
“Jacks (Tim Jackman) got hit (with a puck) not too long ago,” Iginla said yesterday, as per the Calgary Sun. “I’ve had a few of them (miss) and I feel like I’ve been pretty fortunate. A lot of our guys have been getting hit. I don’t know. We’ve all been talking about it so much and you’re kind of on the fence.
“I just threw it on and probably will wear it for now.”
From a safety perspective, it’s obviously a good idea for guys to wear helmets whenever they’re on the ice with pucks flying all over the place, but like Jackman told reporters, “It’s the show. It’s the NHL. It’s nice to go out there and just feel good. To cruise around with no bucket on is nice.”
And with that, we’ll leave you with this:
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6