Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
You know it’s a slow news day when we’re linking to a story about Jarome Iginla deciding to wear a helmet during pregame warm-ups. No disrespect to Taylor Hall, whose freak injury Tuesday in Columbus led to this great debate over player safety…during warm-ups.
“Jacks (Tim Jackman) got hit (with a puck) not too long ago,” Iginla said yesterday, as per the Calgary Sun. “I’ve had a few of them (miss) and I feel like I’ve been pretty fortunate. A lot of our guys have been getting hit. I don’t know. We’ve all been talking about it so much and you’re kind of on the fence.
“I just threw it on and probably will wear it for now.”
From a safety perspective, it’s obviously a good idea for guys to wear helmets whenever they’re on the ice with pucks flying all over the place, but like Jackman told reporters, “It’s the show. It’s the NHL. It’s nice to go out there and just feel good. To cruise around with no bucket on is nice.”
And with that, we’ll leave you with this:
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40