Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
You know it’s a slow news day when we’re linking to a story about Jarome Iginla deciding to wear a helmet during pregame warm-ups. No disrespect to Taylor Hall, whose freak injury Tuesday in Columbus led to this great debate over player safety…during warm-ups.
“Jacks (Tim Jackman) got hit (with a puck) not too long ago,” Iginla said yesterday, as per the Calgary Sun. “I’ve had a few of them (miss) and I feel like I’ve been pretty fortunate. A lot of our guys have been getting hit. I don’t know. We’ve all been talking about it so much and you’re kind of on the fence.
“I just threw it on and probably will wear it for now.”
From a safety perspective, it’s obviously a good idea for guys to wear helmets whenever they’re on the ice with pucks flying all over the place, but like Jackman told reporters, “It’s the show. It’s the NHL. It’s nice to go out there and just feel good. To cruise around with no bucket on is nice.”
And with that, we’ll leave you with this:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53