Jan 20, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are currently on the Western Conference playoff bubble, but they’ll need to scratch and claw to stay in the mix without their third highest scorer until March.
The winger has 33 points in 45 games, ranking him behind Olli Jokinen (36) and Jarome Iginla (38) for Calgary’s team lead. Glencross is also tied with Iginla for first place among Flames with 18 goals, a mark he reached by connecting on 24 percent of his shots.
On a personal note, losing Glencross also leaves a gaping void in the cringe-inducing pun nickname department, as there’s really only one “Glengarry Glencross.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54