Jan 20, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are currently on the Western Conference playoff bubble, but they’ll need to scratch and claw to stay in the mix without their third highest scorer until March.
The winger has 33 points in 45 games, ranking him behind Olli Jokinen (36) and Jarome Iginla (38) for Calgary’s team lead. Glencross is also tied with Iginla for first place among Flames with 18 goals, a mark he reached by connecting on 24 percent of his shots.
On a personal note, losing Glencross also leaves a gaping void in the cringe-inducing pun nickname department, as there’s really only one “Glengarry Glencross.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 52
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 20
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments