Jan 20, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are currently on the Western Conference playoff bubble, but they’ll need to scratch and claw to stay in the mix without their third highest scorer until March.
The winger has 33 points in 45 games, ranking him behind Olli Jokinen (36) and Jarome Iginla (38) for Calgary’s team lead. Glencross is also tied with Iginla for first place among Flames with 18 goals, a mark he reached by connecting on 24 percent of his shots.
On a personal note, losing Glencross also leaves a gaping void in the cringe-inducing pun nickname department, as there’s really only one “Glengarry Glencross.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7