Jan 20, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are currently on the Western Conference playoff bubble, but they’ll need to scratch and claw to stay in the mix without their third highest scorer until March.
The winger has 33 points in 45 games, ranking him behind Olli Jokinen (36) and Jarome Iginla (38) for Calgary’s team lead. Glencross is also tied with Iginla for first place among Flames with 18 goals, a mark he reached by connecting on 24 percent of his shots.
On a personal note, losing Glencross also leaves a gaping void in the cringe-inducing pun nickname department, as there’s really only one “Glengarry Glencross.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50