Jan 20, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
If this week has a specific theme, it might be called Revenge Served Lukewarm Week.
First, there was Rene Bourque “paying” for his hit on Nicklas Backstrom by beating up Matt Hendricks. (Hendricks would argue that it was about the principle of the matter, but many are probably skeptical about that.)
Friday brought another chance for some icy frontier justice, but the check Chris Kunitz threw was far better revenge than the “fight” he had with Max Pacioretty, who gave Kris Letang a concussion the last time the Montreal Canadiens and Pittsburgh Penguins met.
Yup, that will definitely make Pacioretty think twice about headhunting the Penguins’ stars.
Once again, it seems that the best way to get revenge will be to do so on the scoreboard. The Capitals beat the Habs in that regard, but so far Montreal holds a 4-2 lead against the Penguins. Interestingly enough, both Pacioretty and Letang have a goal so far in tonight’s contest.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22