Jan 20, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
If this week has a specific theme, it might be called Revenge Served Lukewarm Week.
First, there was Rene Bourque “paying” for his hit on Nicklas Backstrom by beating up Matt Hendricks. (Hendricks would argue that it was about the principle of the matter, but many are probably skeptical about that.)
Friday brought another chance for some icy frontier justice, but the check Chris Kunitz threw was far better revenge than the “fight” he had with Max Pacioretty, who gave Kris Letang a concussion the last time the Montreal Canadiens and Pittsburgh Penguins met.
Yup, that will definitely make Pacioretty think twice about headhunting the Penguins’ stars.
Once again, it seems that the best way to get revenge will be to do so on the scoreboard. The Capitals beat the Habs in that regard, but so far Montreal holds a 4-2 lead against the Penguins. Interestingly enough, both Pacioretty and Letang have a goal so far in tonight’s contest.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)