Jan 20, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
If this week has a specific theme, it might be called Revenge Served Lukewarm Week.
First, there was Rene Bourque “paying” for his hit on Nicklas Backstrom by beating up Matt Hendricks. (Hendricks would argue that it was about the principle of the matter, but many are probably skeptical about that.)
Friday brought another chance for some icy frontier justice, but the check Chris Kunitz threw was far better revenge than the “fight” he had with Max Pacioretty, who gave Kris Letang a concussion the last time the Montreal Canadiens and Pittsburgh Penguins met.
Yup, that will definitely make Pacioretty think twice about headhunting the Penguins’ stars.
Once again, it seems that the best way to get revenge will be to do so on the scoreboard. The Capitals beat the Habs in that regard, but so far Montreal holds a 4-2 lead against the Penguins. Interestingly enough, both Pacioretty and Letang have a goal so far in tonight’s contest.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)