Jan 19, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Suter and the Preds are remaining tight-lipped on injury specifics, only saying that it’s an upper-body issue (though Suter did confirm it’s not a head injury.) Whatever the ailment is, Suter aggravated it during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over the Islanders and proceeded to sit out the remainder of the contest. He then missed Nashville’s last game — a 3-0 loss at Madison Square Garden to the Rangers — and the Predators totally looked out of sorts, probably because Suter normally plays nearly half the game. Seriously, he does…Suter averages 26:30 a night for the Preds, second-most in the NHL (only New York’s Dan Girardi plays more.)
Suter didn’t elaborate much about the injury, but did explain how he re-aggravated it.
“I tried playing in New York, it felt good, and then it just went bad,” he said. “You’re shooting pucks and you’re like, ‘Oh no.’ Then you’re like, ‘I’m alright, I’ll battle through it,’ but it just got worse.”
Suter also refused to elaborate on the nature of his injury or provide a timetable for return. He’s currently listed as day-to-day.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54