Jan 19, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Suter and the Preds are remaining tight-lipped on injury specifics, only saying that it’s an upper-body issue (though Suter did confirm it’s not a head injury.) Whatever the ailment is, Suter aggravated it during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over the Islanders and proceeded to sit out the remainder of the contest. He then missed Nashville’s last game — a 3-0 loss at Madison Square Garden to the Rangers — and the Predators totally looked out of sorts, probably because Suter normally plays nearly half the game. Seriously, he does…Suter averages 26:30 a night for the Preds, second-most in the NHL (only New York’s Dan Girardi plays more.)
Suter didn’t elaborate much about the injury, but did explain how he re-aggravated it.
“I tried playing in New York, it felt good, and then it just went bad,” he said. “You’re shooting pucks and you’re like, ‘Oh no.’ Then you’re like, ‘I’m alright, I’ll battle through it,’ but it just got worse.”
Suter also refused to elaborate on the nature of his injury or provide a timetable for return. He’s currently listed as day-to-day.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22