Jan 19, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Suter and the Preds are remaining tight-lipped on injury specifics, only saying that it’s an upper-body issue (though Suter did confirm it’s not a head injury.) Whatever the ailment is, Suter aggravated it during the first period of Monday’s 3-1 win over the Islanders and proceeded to sit out the remainder of the contest. He then missed Nashville’s last game — a 3-0 loss at Madison Square Garden to the Rangers — and the Predators totally looked out of sorts, probably because Suter normally plays nearly half the game. Seriously, he does…Suter averages 26:30 a night for the Preds, second-most in the NHL (only New York’s Dan Girardi plays more.)
Suter didn’t elaborate much about the injury, but did explain how he re-aggravated it.
“I tried playing in New York, it felt good, and then it just went bad,” he said. “You’re shooting pucks and you’re like, ‘Oh no.’ Then you’re like, ‘I’m alright, I’ll battle through it,’ but it just got worse.”
Suter also refused to elaborate on the nature of his injury or provide a timetable for return. He’s currently listed as day-to-day.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25