Jan 19, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators made two moves today to bolster their depth at forward, acquiring Brandon Yip off waivers from Colorado and activating Jerred Smithson off injured reserve.
Yip — who played at Boston University with current NHLers Matt Gilroy, Kevin Shattenkirk, Nick Bonino and Nashville’s very own Colin Wilson — fell out of favor with the Avs this year, playing in just 10 games while dealing with a myriad of arm and groin injuries.
When he’s healthy, Yip can be a solid contributor, as evidenced by his 12 goals and 10 assists in 71 games last season.
Smithson returns to the Nashville lineup after missing the last five games with a lower-body injury. The 32-year-old RW has 1G-3A-4PTS in 41 games this year and could be in the lineup tonight against Columbus.
“I feel good. Took a few days to let it heal,” Smithson told The Tennessean. “I’m ready to play, whenever they want me.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)