Jan 19, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
“I saw it. It looked very similar to mine,” Marchand said, as per CSNNE.com “We were on the same position on the ice. [Foligno] got him in the same area at the same time, and the puck was roughly in the same area. The only difference was that Phaneuf got up and he didn’t get injured. I’d be very surprised if the league doesn’t look at that very closely.”
Marchand added: “It would seem a little biased if [the league] threw the book at me, and then other guys do it and they don’t even look at it. They seem to have set a precedent that hits like that are going to be taken care of. They’re going to make sure guys are going to get punished for them.
“It might be a little unfair if they give me five games [for a clip] and a guy does it a couple of days later and gets nothing.”
Here are the two clips in question:
For what it’s worth, I thought Marchand’s was considerably lower, but I can see why he’s upset.
fight about it discuss it like civilized human beings in the comments section.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39