Jan 19, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
“I saw it. It looked very similar to mine,” Marchand said, as per CSNNE.com “We were on the same position on the ice. [Foligno] got him in the same area at the same time, and the puck was roughly in the same area. The only difference was that Phaneuf got up and he didn’t get injured. I’d be very surprised if the league doesn’t look at that very closely.”
Marchand added: “It would seem a little biased if [the league] threw the book at me, and then other guys do it and they don’t even look at it. They seem to have set a precedent that hits like that are going to be taken care of. They’re going to make sure guys are going to get punished for them.
“It might be a little unfair if they give me five games [for a clip] and a guy does it a couple of days later and gets nothing.”
Here are the two clips in question:
For what it’s worth, I thought Marchand’s was considerably lower, but I can see why he’s upset.
fight about it discuss it like civilized human beings in the comments section.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 7
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6