Jan 19, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
“I saw it. It looked very similar to mine,” Marchand said, as per CSNNE.com “We were on the same position on the ice. [Foligno] got him in the same area at the same time, and the puck was roughly in the same area. The only difference was that Phaneuf got up and he didn’t get injured. I’d be very surprised if the league doesn’t look at that very closely.”
Marchand added: “It would seem a little biased if [the league] threw the book at me, and then other guys do it and they don’t even look at it. They seem to have set a precedent that hits like that are going to be taken care of. They’re going to make sure guys are going to get punished for them.
“It might be a little unfair if they give me five games [for a clip] and a guy does it a couple of days later and gets nothing.”
Here are the two clips in question:
For what it’s worth, I thought Marchand’s was considerably lower, but I can see why he’s upset.
fight about it discuss it like civilized human beings in the comments section.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8