Jan 19, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
“I saw it. It looked very similar to mine,” Marchand said, as per CSNNE.com “We were on the same position on the ice. [Foligno] got him in the same area at the same time, and the puck was roughly in the same area. The only difference was that Phaneuf got up and he didn’t get injured. I’d be very surprised if the league doesn’t look at that very closely.”
Marchand added: “It would seem a little biased if [the league] threw the book at me, and then other guys do it and they don’t even look at it. They seem to have set a precedent that hits like that are going to be taken care of. They’re going to make sure guys are going to get punished for them.
“It might be a little unfair if they give me five games [for a clip] and a guy does it a couple of days later and gets nothing.”
Here are the two clips in question:
For what it’s worth, I thought Marchand’s was considerably lower, but I can see why he’s upset.
fight about it discuss it like civilized human beings in the comments section.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)