Jan 19, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
With outright losses in two of their last three games, the Boston Bruins will welcome back a key member of the lineup tonight in New Jersey.
Brad Marchand has served his five-game suspension for clipping Vancouver’s Sami Salo and is looking forward to helping the B’s get back on track.
“It’s always tough to watch the team play. It’s frustrating. But it’s nice the five games are over with and I’ll just jump back in to help out any way I can,” Marchand said yesterday, as per NECN.com. “I wouldn’t say we’re in a lull or a rough spot. A lot of guys are playing a lot of minutes and the schedule can be a little tough at times. But we’re ready to go tomorrow.
“I just want to create energy like I try to do and continue to play my game. Hopefully I get the chemistry back with [Patrice] Bergeron and [Tyler] Seguin if I’m playing with them tomorrow.”
No doubt Marchand receives the most attention for his, ahem, style of play; however, the 23-year-old is also on pace for 30-plus goals, so clearly his talents go beyond agitating.
You actually wonder if the Bruins will at some point (or perhaps they already have) sit down with Marchand and remind him that they’re a lesser team when he’s watching from the press box, so while they won’t want him to stop bringing energy, maybe be more cognizant of the fine line between energy and idiot.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)