Jan 19, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
With outright losses in two of their last three games, the Boston Bruins will welcome back a key member of the lineup tonight in New Jersey.
Brad Marchand has served his five-game suspension for clipping Vancouver’s Sami Salo and is looking forward to helping the B’s get back on track.
“It’s always tough to watch the team play. It’s frustrating. But it’s nice the five games are over with and I’ll just jump back in to help out any way I can,” Marchand said yesterday, as per NECN.com. “I wouldn’t say we’re in a lull or a rough spot. A lot of guys are playing a lot of minutes and the schedule can be a little tough at times. But we’re ready to go tomorrow.
“I just want to create energy like I try to do and continue to play my game. Hopefully I get the chemistry back with [Patrice] Bergeron and [Tyler] Seguin if I’m playing with them tomorrow.”
No doubt Marchand receives the most attention for his, ahem, style of play; however, the 23-year-old is also on pace for 30-plus goals, so clearly his talents go beyond agitating.
You actually wonder if the Bruins will at some point (or perhaps they already have) sit down with Marchand and remind him that they’re a lesser team when he’s watching from the press box, so while they won’t want him to stop bringing energy, maybe be more cognizant of the fine line between energy and idiot.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)