Jan 19, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t hear very often: the Sedins are slumping.
Henrik and Daniel – the past two Art Ross Trophy winners – have just three points each in their last five games.
And it’s not because they’ve been getting bad bounces either. The Canucks’ two best players have simply been downright…average.
“We haven’t been good enough,” Henrik said, as per The Province. “We haven’t even been close to our standards the last five games. It’s something we have to work on and it’s a hole we are going to have to work really hard to get out of.
“We know we are a big part of this team and it’s up to us to get something going here. Trust me, we know we aren’t good enough right now.”
The twins’ struggles have flown somewhat under the radar as most of Vancouver has been busy worrying about Ryan Kesler.
Henrik maintains it’s the last five games the twins have been subpar, but it goes at least one game further back. And that would be to – you guessed it – the Bruins-Canucks battle royal on Jan. 7.
Five-on-five, the twins were noticeably off against Boston. They couldn’t hold on to the puck. They were missing passes. And it’s been that way ever since.
Hmmm…maybe the big, bad B’s scared the Sedins into a slump.
But I doubt it.
“I think we’ve had this every season. When we work hard, we’re a good line, but when we don’t, we’re average,” Daniel said. “That’s what I’ve seen in the last five games. We’re not creating enough five-on-five.
“It sounds easy: ‘Just work hard.’ But it’s not always. It’s about getting in on the forecheck and getting to those loose pucks. That’s how we’re going to create chances. That really is what our line is all about.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)