Jan 19, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t hear very often: the Sedins are slumping.
Henrik and Daniel – the past two Art Ross Trophy winners – have just three points each in their last five games.
And it’s not because they’ve been getting bad bounces either. The Canucks’ two best players have simply been downright…average.
“We haven’t been good enough,” Henrik said, as per The Province. “We haven’t even been close to our standards the last five games. It’s something we have to work on and it’s a hole we are going to have to work really hard to get out of.
“We know we are a big part of this team and it’s up to us to get something going here. Trust me, we know we aren’t good enough right now.”
The twins’ struggles have flown somewhat under the radar as most of Vancouver has been busy worrying about Ryan Kesler.
Henrik maintains it’s the last five games the twins have been subpar, but it goes at least one game further back. And that would be to – you guessed it – the Bruins-Canucks battle royal on Jan. 7.
Five-on-five, the twins were noticeably off against Boston. They couldn’t hold on to the puck. They were missing passes. And it’s been that way ever since.
Hmmm…maybe the big, bad B’s scared the Sedins into a slump.
But I doubt it.
“I think we’ve had this every season. When we work hard, we’re a good line, but when we don’t, we’re average,” Daniel said. “That’s what I’ve seen in the last five games. We’re not creating enough five-on-five.
“It sounds easy: ‘Just work hard.’ But it’s not always. It’s about getting in on the forecheck and getting to those loose pucks. That’s how we’re going to create chances. That really is what our line is all about.”
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)