Jan 19, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
Here’s something you don’t hear very often: the Sedins are slumping.
Henrik and Daniel – the past two Art Ross Trophy winners – have just three points each in their last five games.
And it’s not because they’ve been getting bad bounces either. The Canucks’ two best players have simply been downright…average.
“We haven’t been good enough,” Henrik said, as per The Province. “We haven’t even been close to our standards the last five games. It’s something we have to work on and it’s a hole we are going to have to work really hard to get out of.
“We know we are a big part of this team and it’s up to us to get something going here. Trust me, we know we aren’t good enough right now.”
The twins’ struggles have flown somewhat under the radar as most of Vancouver has been busy worrying about Ryan Kesler.
Henrik maintains it’s the last five games the twins have been subpar, but it goes at least one game further back. And that would be to – you guessed it – the Bruins-Canucks battle royal on Jan. 7.
Five-on-five, the twins were noticeably off against Boston. They couldn’t hold on to the puck. They were missing passes. And it’s been that way ever since.
Hmmm…maybe the big, bad B’s scared the Sedins into a slump.
But I doubt it.
“I think we’ve had this every season. When we work hard, we’re a good line, but when we don’t, we’re average,” Daniel said. “That’s what I’ve seen in the last five games. We’re not creating enough five-on-five.
“It sounds easy: ‘Just work hard.’ But it’s not always. It’s about getting in on the forecheck and getting to those loose pucks. That’s how we’re going to create chances. That really is what our line is all about.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)