Jan 19, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t hear very often: the Sedins are slumping.
Henrik and Daniel – the past two Art Ross Trophy winners – have just three points each in their last five games.
And it’s not because they’ve been getting bad bounces either. The Canucks’ two best players have simply been downright…average.
“We haven’t been good enough,” Henrik said, as per The Province. “We haven’t even been close to our standards the last five games. It’s something we have to work on and it’s a hole we are going to have to work really hard to get out of.
“We know we are a big part of this team and it’s up to us to get something going here. Trust me, we know we aren’t good enough right now.”
The twins’ struggles have flown somewhat under the radar as most of Vancouver has been busy worrying about Ryan Kesler.
Henrik maintains it’s the last five games the twins have been subpar, but it goes at least one game further back. And that would be to – you guessed it – the Bruins-Canucks battle royal on Jan. 7.
Five-on-five, the twins were noticeably off against Boston. They couldn’t hold on to the puck. They were missing passes. And it’s been that way ever since.
Hmmm…maybe the big, bad B’s scared the Sedins into a slump.
But I doubt it.
“I think we’ve had this every season. When we work hard, we’re a good line, but when we don’t, we’re average,” Daniel said. “That’s what I’ve seen in the last five games. We’re not creating enough five-on-five.
“It sounds easy: ‘Just work hard.’ But it’s not always. It’s about getting in on the forecheck and getting to those loose pucks. That’s how we’re going to create chances. That really is what our line is all about.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)