Jan 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
You’ve been warned, NHL – the Washington Capitals are not to be trifled with. Mess with their best players and pay the price.
Just ask Rene Bourque, who was forced to answer the bell last night in Montreal for his Jan. 3 elbow that left Nicklas Backstrom sidelined.
OK, so Bourque hardly paid a massive price after Matt Hendricks challenged him to a fight. The decision actually went to Bourque.
But that’s not the point, Hendricks told CSNWashington.com: “There’s consequences that you have to pay for actions. He followed the code.”
In a related story, the Boston Bruins think the Washington Capitals are just adorable with their tough talk.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25