Jan 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
You’ve been warned, NHL – the Washington Capitals are not to be trifled with. Mess with their best players and pay the price.
Just ask Rene Bourque, who was forced to answer the bell last night in Montreal for his Jan. 3 elbow that left Nicklas Backstrom sidelined.
OK, so Bourque hardly paid a massive price after Matt Hendricks challenged him to a fight. The decision actually went to Bourque.
But that’s not the point, Hendricks told CSNWashington.com: “There’s consequences that you have to pay for actions. He followed the code.”
In a related story, the Boston Bruins think the Washington Capitals are just adorable with their tough talk.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55