Jan 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
You’ve been warned, NHL – the Washington Capitals are not to be trifled with. Mess with their best players and pay the price.
Just ask Rene Bourque, who was forced to answer the bell last night in Montreal for his Jan. 3 elbow that left Nicklas Backstrom sidelined.
OK, so Bourque hardly paid a massive price after Matt Hendricks challenged him to a fight. The decision actually went to Bourque.
But that’s not the point, Hendricks told CSNWashington.com: “There’s consequences that you have to pay for actions. He followed the code.”
In a related story, the Boston Bruins think the Washington Capitals are just adorable with their tough talk.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)