Jan 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
In the wake of Taylor Hall’s gruesome injury, there’s been lots of discussion about making helmets mandatory for NHL players during warm-ups.
Hall was cut for 30 stitches by a teammate’s skate Tuesday in Columbus during the warm-up. The Oilers are advising their players wear helmets whenever they hit the ice, while other teams are considering similar measures.
But one guy that doesn’t care either way? New Kings coach Darryl Sutter.
“They can wear wigs and sunglasses,” Sutter told reporters today. “I don’t care, as long as they’re ready.”
In a related story, Mike Modano has been signed by Los Angeles.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 1
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)