Jan 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
In the wake of Taylor Hall’s gruesome injury, there’s been lots of discussion about making helmets mandatory for NHL players during warm-ups.
Hall was cut for 30 stitches by a teammate’s skate Tuesday in Columbus during the warm-up. The Oilers are advising their players wear helmets whenever they hit the ice, while other teams are considering similar measures.
But one guy that doesn’t care either way? New Kings coach Darryl Sutter.
“They can wear wigs and sunglasses,” Sutter told reporters today. “I don’t care, as long as they’re ready.”
In a related story, Mike Modano has been signed by Los Angeles.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)