Jan 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
In the wake of Taylor Hall’s gruesome injury, there’s been lots of discussion about making helmets mandatory for NHL players during warm-ups.
Hall was cut for 30 stitches by a teammate’s skate Tuesday in Columbus during the warm-up. The Oilers are advising their players wear helmets whenever they hit the ice, while other teams are considering similar measures.
But one guy that doesn’t care either way? New Kings coach Darryl Sutter.
“They can wear wigs and sunglasses,” Sutter told reporters today. “I don’t care, as long as they’re ready.”
In a related story, Mike Modano has been signed by Los Angeles.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7