Jan 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
In the wake of Taylor Hall’s gruesome injury, there’s been lots of discussion about making helmets mandatory for NHL players during warm-ups.
Hall was cut for 30 stitches by a teammate’s skate Tuesday in Columbus during the warm-up. The Oilers are advising their players wear helmets whenever they hit the ice, while other teams are considering similar measures.
But one guy that doesn’t care either way? New Kings coach Darryl Sutter.
“They can wear wigs and sunglasses,” Sutter told reporters today. “I don’t care, as long as they’re ready.”
In a related story, Mike Modano has been signed by Los Angeles.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 15
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)