Jan 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
In the wake of Taylor Hall’s gruesome injury, there’s been lots of discussion about making helmets mandatory for NHL players during warm-ups.
Hall was cut for 30 stitches by a teammate’s skate Tuesday in Columbus during the warm-up. The Oilers are advising their players wear helmets whenever they hit the ice, while other teams are considering similar measures.
But one guy that doesn’t care either way? New Kings coach Darryl Sutter.
“They can wear wigs and sunglasses,” Sutter told reporters today. “I don’t care, as long as they’re ready.”
In a related story, Mike Modano has been signed by Los Angeles.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)