Jan 19, 2012, 11:42 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak is red-hot right now, although you’d be silly to ignore the suffocating St. Louis system when lauding his work. He’s now working on a two-game shutout streak after blanking the Dallas Stars (22 saves) on Monday and handing the Edmonton Oilers a 1-0 goose egg (15 stops) tonight.
That’s impressive work and it only gets better when you consider the fact that Halak has three shutouts in his last four games. Halak hasn’t lost a regulation game since Nov. 22, going 10-0-3 since that defeat.
Yup, he’s on a roll, but his teammates and Ken Hitchcock deserve a huge “assist.” The Blues jumped back to first place in the Western Conference and Central Division, but much like their game-to-game triumphs, there isn’t much breathing room between St. Louis and its rivals.
Check out highlights from the game in which Nikolai Khabibulin stopped 37 out of 38 shots but still lost:
If the Blues have any reason to be a little anxious even amid their great successes, Jeremy Rutherford provides it with this jaw-dropping Tweet:
So, should this be proof that the Blues are for real or concern that they can’t finish opponents off?
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)