Jan 18, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
For those unfamiliar with Peters (read: Everybody not in his extended family), here’s the skinny:
– 29 years old.
– 62 games of NHL experience.
– 90 games of ECHL experience.
– 472 games of AHL experience.
– Has played for the Portland Pirates, Utah Grizzles, Idaho Steelheads, Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, Quad City Flames, Texas Stars and Houston Aeros.
Peters is one of four current Wild forwards that began the year in AHL Houston (the others are Casey Wellman, David McIntyre and Carson McMillan), which tells you how badly injuries have ravaged the team. Mikko Koivu, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Guillaume Latendresse and Jarod Palmer are all on injured reserve.
Peters and Co. aren’t the only temporary, minor-league stopgaps the Wild have used this year. Unforgettable names like Jeff Taffe, Cody Almond, Jed Ortmeyer, Kris Fredheim and Jon DiSalvatore have all played with the big club this season, though none of them ever got to play first-line center.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 10
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 85
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 11
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut