Jan 18, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
It’s tough to blame John Tortorella for (profanely) shooting down New York Rangers’ owner James Dolan’s comments about the team being “pretty close” to a Stanley Cup. There’s no doubt that the Rangers are a contender at this moment, but saying that they rank as frontrunners might be a bit much.
Still, it take a lot of courage to say such a thing regarding the guy who pays you. Watch Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss Torts’ brave response to his owner’s comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13