Jan 18, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
It’s tough to blame John Tortorella for (profanely) shooting down New York Rangers’ owner James Dolan’s comments about the team being “pretty close” to a Stanley Cup. There’s no doubt that the Rangers are a contender at this moment, but saying that they rank as frontrunners might be a bit much.
Still, it take a lot of courage to say such a thing regarding the guy who pays you. Watch Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss Torts’ brave response to his owner’s comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5