Jan 18, 2012, 11:06 PM EST
Here’s an entertaining video from the “Not totally sure if this is a hoax or a funny accident” department: a Boston Bruins fan takes a silly-stringing from the Tampa Bay Lightning’s mascot rather poorly:
Gotta love Thunderbug trolling the fan as he’s getting thrown out, although it feels a bit like someone smack-talking a rival only once it’s obvious that officials will break up a potential fight.
Staged or real, it’s good for a laugh since the mascot seems OK (no word on if he went to “The Quiet Room” for a bit, though).
Final thought: did anyone else think of Green Man fighting the Philly Phanatic from an episode of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” when watching that clip? Probably not …
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 0
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21