Jan 18, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Here’s an entertaining video from the “Not totally sure if this is a hoax or a funny accident” department: a Boston Bruins fan takes a silly-stringing from the Tampa Bay Lightning’s mascot rather poorly:
Gotta love Thunderbug trolling the fan as he’s getting thrown out, although it feels a bit like someone smack-talking a rival only once it’s obvious that officials will break up a potential fight.
Staged or real, it’s good for a laugh since the mascot seems OK (no word on if he went to “The Quiet Room” for a bit, though).
Final thought: did anyone else think of Green Man fighting the Philly Phanatic from an episode of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” when watching that clip? Probably not …
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17