Jan 18, 2012, 2:06 PM EDT
The Sens are 11-2-2 since landing the third overall pick in the 2007 draft, and Turris has 11 points during that stretch.
Meanwhile, Rundblad has been assigned to the AHL and the Coyotes have dropped out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Ottawa coach Paul MacLean isn’t discounting what the acquisition of Turris has meant for his club.
“He’s solidified the depth of our team,” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “He’s given us a legitimate second-line center that can play against anybody in the league. He’s generated points in that position as well. For me, he makes us a deeper team and a harder team to defend.”
Turris has been skating alongside Daniel Alfredsson, providing the type of opportunity many believe he was never given with the Coyotes.
The Sens, by the way, are in Phoenix Tuesday.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1