Jan 18, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
You might be reading some trade rumors involving Ryan Miller, but he wants you to know he’s not abandoning ship in Buffalo.
TSN’s James Duthie tweeted Miller’s thoughts about the notion he’s looking to get out of town to escape an increasingly ugly situation with the Sabres.
“I have not and will not ask for a trade. I will fall on the ‘sabre’ before that. Please no one ask me again.”
Puns, sarcastic humor, and not stopping enough pucks is a recipe for winding up a TV hockey analyst, so at least Miller has that going for him. Now if he wants to stop getting pestered like this he’ll stop complaining about everything and start looking like the Vezina Trophy winner he used to be.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)