Jan 18, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
You might be reading some trade rumors involving Ryan Miller, but he wants you to know he’s not abandoning ship in Buffalo.
TSN’s James Duthie tweeted Miller’s thoughts about the notion he’s looking to get out of town to escape an increasingly ugly situation with the Sabres.
“I have not and will not ask for a trade. I will fall on the ‘sabre’ before that. Please no one ask me again.”
Puns, sarcastic humor, and not stopping enough pucks is a recipe for winding up a TV hockey analyst, so at least Miller has that going for him. Now if he wants to stop getting pestered like this he’ll stop complaining about everything and start looking like the Vezina Trophy winner he used to be.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)