Jan 18, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
You might be reading some trade rumors involving Ryan Miller, but he wants you to know he’s not abandoning ship in Buffalo.
TSN’s James Duthie tweeted Miller’s thoughts about the notion he’s looking to get out of town to escape an increasingly ugly situation with the Sabres.
“I have not and will not ask for a trade. I will fall on the ‘sabre’ before that. Please no one ask me again.”
Puns, sarcastic humor, and not stopping enough pucks is a recipe for winding up a TV hockey analyst, so at least Miller has that going for him. Now if he wants to stop getting pestered like this he’ll stop complaining about everything and start looking like the Vezina Trophy winner he used to be.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)