Jan 18, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
You might be reading some trade rumors involving Ryan Miller, but he wants you to know he’s not abandoning ship in Buffalo.
TSN’s James Duthie tweeted Miller’s thoughts about the notion he’s looking to get out of town to escape an increasingly ugly situation with the Sabres.
“I have not and will not ask for a trade. I will fall on the ‘sabre’ before that. Please no one ask me again.”
Puns, sarcastic humor, and not stopping enough pucks is a recipe for winding up a TV hockey analyst, so at least Miller has that going for him. Now if he wants to stop getting pestered like this he’ll stop complaining about everything and start looking like the Vezina Trophy winner he used to be.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5