Jan 18, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
You might be reading some trade rumors involving Ryan Miller, but he wants you to know he’s not abandoning ship in Buffalo.
TSN’s James Duthie tweeted Miller’s thoughts about the notion he’s looking to get out of town to escape an increasingly ugly situation with the Sabres.
“I have not and will not ask for a trade. I will fall on the ‘sabre’ before that. Please no one ask me again.”
Puns, sarcastic humor, and not stopping enough pucks is a recipe for winding up a TV hockey analyst, so at least Miller has that going for him. Now if he wants to stop getting pestered like this he’ll stop complaining about everything and start looking like the Vezina Trophy winner he used to be.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5