Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost to Tampa Bay last night in a disappointing effort, the one guy that did show up was Horton. Horton had two goals on the night and showed what he can do when he asserts himself. Did he have any encouraging words for his coach after showing up in a big way on the score sheet?
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty finds out that Horton kept things in check by pointing out the obvious.
“I definitely need to get shots on net more. I’m not Wayne Gretzky. Sometimes people think I am. I want to do the best I can and I’m out there trying. Whether it’s back-checking or just working hard I just always want to be myself. I do need to get my shots off and get more than one or two . . . that’s something I need to work on.”
If Wayne Gretzky played for these Bruins he’d be even better protected than he was when he had Marty McSorely and Dave Semenko watching his back. As it is, Horton getting his game back last night was the lone bright spot for the Bruins in what turned out to be a miserable effort against one of the East’s worst teams.
Maybe Julien can spend today calling everyone else out that failed to show up last night.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)