Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
While the Bruins lost to Tampa Bay last night in a disappointing effort, the one guy that did show up was Horton. Horton had two goals on the night and showed what he can do when he asserts himself. Did he have any encouraging words for his coach after showing up in a big way on the score sheet?
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty finds out that Horton kept things in check by pointing out the obvious.
“I definitely need to get shots on net more. I’m not Wayne Gretzky. Sometimes people think I am. I want to do the best I can and I’m out there trying. Whether it’s back-checking or just working hard I just always want to be myself. I do need to get my shots off and get more than one or two . . . that’s something I need to work on.”
If Wayne Gretzky played for these Bruins he’d be even better protected than he was when he had Marty McSorely and Dave Semenko watching his back. As it is, Horton getting his game back last night was the lone bright spot for the Bruins in what turned out to be a miserable effort against one of the East’s worst teams.
Maybe Julien can spend today calling everyone else out that failed to show up last night.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)