Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost to Tampa Bay last night in a disappointing effort, the one guy that did show up was Horton. Horton had two goals on the night and showed what he can do when he asserts himself. Did he have any encouraging words for his coach after showing up in a big way on the score sheet?
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty finds out that Horton kept things in check by pointing out the obvious.
“I definitely need to get shots on net more. I’m not Wayne Gretzky. Sometimes people think I am. I want to do the best I can and I’m out there trying. Whether it’s back-checking or just working hard I just always want to be myself. I do need to get my shots off and get more than one or two . . . that’s something I need to work on.”
If Wayne Gretzky played for these Bruins he’d be even better protected than he was when he had Marty McSorely and Dave Semenko watching his back. As it is, Horton getting his game back last night was the lone bright spot for the Bruins in what turned out to be a miserable effort against one of the East’s worst teams.
Maybe Julien can spend today calling everyone else out that failed to show up last night.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)