Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost to Tampa Bay last night in a disappointing effort, the one guy that did show up was Horton. Horton had two goals on the night and showed what he can do when he asserts himself. Did he have any encouraging words for his coach after showing up in a big way on the score sheet?
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty finds out that Horton kept things in check by pointing out the obvious.
“I definitely need to get shots on net more. I’m not Wayne Gretzky. Sometimes people think I am. I want to do the best I can and I’m out there trying. Whether it’s back-checking or just working hard I just always want to be myself. I do need to get my shots off and get more than one or two . . . that’s something I need to work on.”
If Wayne Gretzky played for these Bruins he’d be even better protected than he was when he had Marty McSorely and Dave Semenko watching his back. As it is, Horton getting his game back last night was the lone bright spot for the Bruins in what turned out to be a miserable effort against one of the East’s worst teams.
Maybe Julien can spend today calling everyone else out that failed to show up last night.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53