Jan 18, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
Hall was cut last night in Columbus during the pre-game warm-up, the laceration requiring 30 stitches to close.
Today, Edmonton coach Tom Renney told reporters that Hall “is doing much better” and that the “swelling’s gone down.” However, it’s “doubtful” Hall will play tomorrow versus the Blues.
As a result of last night’s mishap, the Oilers will reportedly require all players to wear helmets during the warm-up
A similar policy is being considered by Leafs coach Ron Wilson.
“I’m thinking about it,” Wilson said, as reported by the Toronto Star.
“You look at what happened (to Hall) and it was scary, it could have been a lot worse. The silliness of having a bare head and not worrying about it? I will look into it, I will talk to (GM Brian Burke) and of course I’ll talk to the players.”
According to the Star, it’s up to the coach to determine his team’s pre-game helmet policy, as per the NHL’s collective-bargaining agreement.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)