Jan 18, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Hall was cut last night in Columbus during the pre-game warm-up, the laceration requiring 30 stitches to close.
Today, Edmonton coach Tom Renney told reporters that Hall “is doing much better” and that the “swelling’s gone down.” However, it’s “doubtful” Hall will play tomorrow versus the Blues.
As a result of last night’s mishap, the Oilers will reportedly require all players to wear helmets during the warm-up
A similar policy is being considered by Leafs coach Ron Wilson.
“I’m thinking about it,” Wilson said, as reported by the Toronto Star.
“You look at what happened (to Hall) and it was scary, it could have been a lot worse. The silliness of having a bare head and not worrying about it? I will look into it, I will talk to (GM Brian Burke) and of course I’ll talk to the players.”
According to the Star, it’s up to the coach to determine his team’s pre-game helmet policy, as per the NHL’s collective-bargaining agreement.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)