Jan 18, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Hall was cut last night in Columbus during the pre-game warm-up, the laceration requiring 30 stitches to close.
Today, Edmonton coach Tom Renney told reporters that Hall “is doing much better” and that the “swelling’s gone down.” However, it’s “doubtful” Hall will play tomorrow versus the Blues.
As a result of last night’s mishap, the Oilers will reportedly require all players to wear helmets during the warm-up
A similar policy is being considered by Leafs coach Ron Wilson.
“I’m thinking about it,” Wilson said, as reported by the Toronto Star.
“You look at what happened (to Hall) and it was scary, it could have been a lot worse. The silliness of having a bare head and not worrying about it? I will look into it, I will talk to (GM Brian Burke) and of course I’ll talk to the players.”
According to the Star, it’s up to the coach to determine his team’s pre-game helmet policy, as per the NHL’s collective-bargaining agreement.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)