Jan 17, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Earlier tonight, we asked PHT readers what the struggling Buffalo Sabres should do after Ryan Miller barely made it into the second period before being pulled in a 5-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Anyone who checked the “Make a few trades” box would have received a rather angry message from Miller, as you can see from his reaction to such talk, via Puck Daddy:
“There’s not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that’s going to affect anything like that,” Miller said. “There’s no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return … If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.
“But then there’s going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room’s going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we’ve got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can’t sit and wait for somebody else to (blank)ing do it.”
If this season teaches us anything about the silver medal-winning goalie, it’s that Miller + frustrating loss + microphone = profane gold. As Bill Hoppe points out, this isn’t the first time Miller delivered an angry locker room/press conference tirade, but things are certainly more dire now.
Jeremy Roenick ranks as one of the many people who believe that something has to give for the Sabres:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)