Jan 17, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Earlier tonight, we asked PHT readers what the struggling Buffalo Sabres should do after Ryan Miller barely made it into the second period before being pulled in a 5-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Anyone who checked the “Make a few trades” box would have received a rather angry message from Miller, as you can see from his reaction to such talk, via Puck Daddy:
“There’s not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that’s going to affect anything like that,” Miller said. “There’s no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return … If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.
“But then there’s going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room’s going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we’ve got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can’t sit and wait for somebody else to (blank)ing do it.”
If this season teaches us anything about the silver medal-winning goalie, it’s that Miller + frustrating loss + microphone = profane gold. As Bill Hoppe points out, this isn’t the first time Miller delivered an angry locker room/press conference tirade, but things are certainly more dire now.
Jeremy Roenick ranks as one of the many people who believe that something has to give for the Sabres:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)