Jan 17, 2012, 12:38 AM EST
Earlier tonight, we asked PHT readers what the struggling Buffalo Sabres should do after Ryan Miller barely made it into the second period before being pulled in a 5-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Anyone who checked the “Make a few trades” box would have received a rather angry message from Miller, as you can see from his reaction to such talk, via Puck Daddy:
“There’s not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that’s going to affect anything like that,” Miller said. “There’s no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return … If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.
“But then there’s going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room’s going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we’ve got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can’t sit and wait for somebody else to (blank)ing do it.”
If this season teaches us anything about the silver medal-winning goalie, it’s that Miller + frustrating loss + microphone = profane gold. As Bill Hoppe points out, this isn’t the first time Miller delivered an angry locker room/press conference tirade, but things are certainly more dire now.
Jeremy Roenick ranks as one of the many people who believe that something has to give for the Sabres:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)