Jan 17, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Earlier tonight, we asked PHT readers what the struggling Buffalo Sabres should do after Ryan Miller barely made it into the second period before being pulled in a 5-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Anyone who checked the “Make a few trades” box would have received a rather angry message from Miller, as you can see from his reaction to such talk, via Puck Daddy:
“There’s not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that’s going to affect anything like that,” Miller said. “There’s no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return … If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.
“But then there’s going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room’s going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we’ve got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can’t sit and wait for somebody else to (blank)ing do it.”
If this season teaches us anything about the silver medal-winning goalie, it’s that Miller + frustrating loss + microphone = profane gold. As Bill Hoppe points out, this isn’t the first time Miller delivered an angry locker room/press conference tirade, but things are certainly more dire now.
Jeremy Roenick ranks as one of the many people who believe that something has to give for the Sabres:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)