Jan 17, 2012, 12:38 AM EST
Earlier tonight, we asked PHT readers what the struggling Buffalo Sabres should do after Ryan Miller barely made it into the second period before being pulled in a 5-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Anyone who checked the “Make a few trades” box would have received a rather angry message from Miller, as you can see from his reaction to such talk, via Puck Daddy:
“There’s not ever going to be a trade in the history of the NHL that’s going to affect anything like that,” Miller said. “There’s no chance anybody comes into this team and just shakes it up or we can even move multiple players and get any kind of return … If you want to just destroy a team and just go out and be reckless and do something, yeah.
“But then there’s going to be new guys in here, but other than that, this locker room’s going to be pretty much the same, if not completely the same, and we’ve got to find it from in here. [Points to chest] We can’t sit and wait for somebody else to (blank)ing do it.”
If this season teaches us anything about the silver medal-winning goalie, it’s that Miller + frustrating loss + microphone = profane gold. As Bill Hoppe points out, this isn’t the first time Miller delivered an angry locker room/press conference tirade, but things are certainly more dire now.
Jeremy Roenick ranks as one of the many people who believe that something has to give for the Sabres:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)