Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
Cue the trade speculation – Toronto defenseman Luke Schenn could reportedly be a healthy scratch tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Air Canada Centre.
“I really don’t know,” Schenn told reporters when asked today about his playing status. “Nobody has told me anything.”
Of course, even if Schenn doesn’t play tonight, it doesn’t mean he’s played his last game for the Maple Leafs. It could just be coach Ron Wilson icing a lineup that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win. Schenn, as you might have deduced already, hasn’t been great this season.
Also of note, forward Nazem Kadri will “definitely” be a healthy scratch tonight, according to the Toronto Star. Kadri is another name that’s been tossed about in trade rumors, though based on speculation, it seems Schenn is the most likely to be moved.
Update (1:35 p.m. ET):
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)