Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Cue the trade speculation – Toronto defenseman Luke Schenn could reportedly be a healthy scratch tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Air Canada Centre.
“I really don’t know,” Schenn told reporters when asked today about his playing status. “Nobody has told me anything.”
Of course, even if Schenn doesn’t play tonight, it doesn’t mean he’s played his last game for the Maple Leafs. It could just be coach Ron Wilson icing a lineup that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win. Schenn, as you might have deduced already, hasn’t been great this season.
Also of note, forward Nazem Kadri will “definitely” be a healthy scratch tonight, according to the Toronto Star. Kadri is another name that’s been tossed about in trade rumors, though based on speculation, it seems Schenn is the most likely to be moved.
Update (1:35 p.m. ET):
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (100)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)