Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Cue the trade speculation – Toronto defenseman Luke Schenn could reportedly be a healthy scratch tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Air Canada Centre.
“I really don’t know,” Schenn told reporters when asked today about his playing status. “Nobody has told me anything.”
Of course, even if Schenn doesn’t play tonight, it doesn’t mean he’s played his last game for the Maple Leafs. It could just be coach Ron Wilson icing a lineup that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win. Schenn, as you might have deduced already, hasn’t been great this season.
Also of note, forward Nazem Kadri will “definitely” be a healthy scratch tonight, according to the Toronto Star. Kadri is another name that’s been tossed about in trade rumors, though based on speculation, it seems Schenn is the most likely to be moved.
Update (1:35 p.m. ET):
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)