Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Cue the trade speculation – Toronto defenseman Luke Schenn could reportedly be a healthy scratch tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Air Canada Centre.
“I really don’t know,” Schenn told reporters when asked today about his playing status. “Nobody has told me anything.”
Of course, even if Schenn doesn’t play tonight, it doesn’t mean he’s played his last game for the Maple Leafs. It could just be coach Ron Wilson icing a lineup that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win. Schenn, as you might have deduced already, hasn’t been great this season.
Also of note, forward Nazem Kadri will “definitely” be a healthy scratch tonight, according to the Toronto Star. Kadri is another name that’s been tossed about in trade rumors, though based on speculation, it seems Schenn is the most likely to be moved.
Update (1:35 p.m. ET):
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)