Jan 17, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
Cue the trade speculation – Toronto defenseman Luke Schenn could reportedly be a healthy scratch tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Air Canada Centre.
“I really don’t know,” Schenn told reporters when asked today about his playing status. “Nobody has told me anything.”
Of course, even if Schenn doesn’t play tonight, it doesn’t mean he’s played his last game for the Maple Leafs. It could just be coach Ron Wilson icing a lineup that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win. Schenn, as you might have deduced already, hasn’t been great this season.
Also of note, forward Nazem Kadri will “definitely” be a healthy scratch tonight, according to the Toronto Star. Kadri is another name that’s been tossed about in trade rumors, though based on speculation, it seems Schenn is the most likely to be moved.
Update (1:35 p.m. ET):
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)