Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Kris Letang is almost ready to go for Pittsburgh. Today, he took the ice with the Penguins for practice and he’s happy to be back doing what he loves. While he’s happy to be back on the ice and practicing with the team, he’s not going to rush himself back to action as he told Michelle Crechiolo at the Pens’ website.
“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”
Considering the patience the team has had with Sidney Crosby and his concussion recovery, you can bet that the Penguins will take whatever time is needed for Letang to get back on the ice.
The Penguins have struggled with their host of injuries of late but getting Letang back on the blue line will be a huge addition. He’s the Pens’ top point producer on defense and while you don’t normally think of him as being strong defensively, the Pens penalty kill hasn’t been as strong without him.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)