Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Kris Letang is almost ready to go for Pittsburgh. Today, he took the ice with the Penguins for practice and he’s happy to be back doing what he loves. While he’s happy to be back on the ice and practicing with the team, he’s not going to rush himself back to action as he told Michelle Crechiolo at the Pens’ website.
“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”
Considering the patience the team has had with Sidney Crosby and his concussion recovery, you can bet that the Penguins will take whatever time is needed for Letang to get back on the ice.
The Penguins have struggled with their host of injuries of late but getting Letang back on the blue line will be a huge addition. He’s the Pens’ top point producer on defense and while you don’t normally think of him as being strong defensively, the Pens penalty kill hasn’t been as strong without him.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)