Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Kris Letang is almost ready to go for Pittsburgh. Today, he took the ice with the Penguins for practice and he’s happy to be back doing what he loves. While he’s happy to be back on the ice and practicing with the team, he’s not going to rush himself back to action as he told Michelle Crechiolo at the Pens’ website.
“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”
Considering the patience the team has had with Sidney Crosby and his concussion recovery, you can bet that the Penguins will take whatever time is needed for Letang to get back on the ice.
The Penguins have struggled with their host of injuries of late but getting Letang back on the blue line will be a huge addition. He’s the Pens’ top point producer on defense and while you don’t normally think of him as being strong defensively, the Pens penalty kill hasn’t been as strong without him.
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28