Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Kris Letang is almost ready to go for Pittsburgh. Today, he took the ice with the Penguins for practice and he’s happy to be back doing what he loves. While he’s happy to be back on the ice and practicing with the team, he’s not going to rush himself back to action as he told Michelle Crechiolo at the Pens’ website.
“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”
Considering the patience the team has had with Sidney Crosby and his concussion recovery, you can bet that the Penguins will take whatever time is needed for Letang to get back on the ice.
The Penguins have struggled with their host of injuries of late but getting Letang back on the blue line will be a huge addition. He’s the Pens’ top point producer on defense and while you don’t normally think of him as being strong defensively, the Pens penalty kill hasn’t been as strong without him.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54