Jan 17, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Kris Letang is almost ready to go for Pittsburgh. Today, he took the ice with the Penguins for practice and he’s happy to be back doing what he loves. While he’s happy to be back on the ice and practicing with the team, he’s not going to rush himself back to action as he told Michelle Crechiolo at the Pens’ website.
“Obviously we don’t want to rush it. I had a lot of discussions with (Shero) and the coaches,” Letang said. ‘We’re going to make a decision when I’m going to be ready. … We’ll see how the week goes.”
Considering the patience the team has had with Sidney Crosby and his concussion recovery, you can bet that the Penguins will take whatever time is needed for Letang to get back on the ice.
The Penguins have struggled with their host of injuries of late but getting Letang back on the blue line will be a huge addition. He’s the Pens’ top point producer on defense and while you don’t normally think of him as being strong defensively, the Pens penalty kill hasn’t been as strong without him.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)