Jan 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today on Twitter, Flyers beat writer Anthony SanFilippo (Delaware County Daily Times) floated a juicy trade rumor involving the Toronto Maple Leafs and Anaheim Ducks.
As you can see, SanFilippo’s tweet caused a minor internet uproar. What’s more, it occurred on a day that’s been full of speculation involving the Leafs.
The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle is reporting that today was a particularly crazy one in Toronto after speculation arose that popular trade candidate Luke Schenn could be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game against Ottawa.
“That’s the environment around the Leafs right now, one brought on by general manager Brian Burke broadcasting that he was looking to deal earlier this month,” wrote Mirtle.
Chances are, something’s brewing in Toronto. Burke wants to make a trade and this is the time of year he likes to deal. Doesn’t mean he’ll get an offer he feels is worth taking though.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31