Jan 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
Today on Twitter, Flyers beat writer Anthony SanFilippo (Delaware County Daily Times) floated a juicy trade rumor involving the Toronto Maple Leafs and Anaheim Ducks.
As you can see, SanFilippo’s tweet caused a minor internet uproar. What’s more, it occurred on a day that’s been full of speculation involving the Leafs.
The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle is reporting that today was a particularly crazy one in Toronto after speculation arose that popular trade candidate Luke Schenn could be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game against Ottawa.
“That’s the environment around the Leafs right now, one brought on by general manager Brian Burke broadcasting that he was looking to deal earlier this month,” wrote Mirtle.
Chances are, something’s brewing in Toronto. Burke wants to make a trade and this is the time of year he likes to deal. Doesn’t mean he’ll get an offer he feels is worth taking though.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)