Jan 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EST
Today on Twitter, Flyers beat writer Anthony SanFilippo (Delaware County Daily Times) floated a juicy trade rumor involving the Toronto Maple Leafs and Anaheim Ducks.
As you can see, SanFilippo’s tweet caused a minor internet uproar. What’s more, it occurred on a day that’s been full of speculation involving the Leafs.
The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle is reporting that today was a particularly crazy one in Toronto after speculation arose that popular trade candidate Luke Schenn could be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game against Ottawa.
“That’s the environment around the Leafs right now, one brought on by general manager Brian Burke broadcasting that he was looking to deal earlier this month,” wrote Mirtle.
Chances are, something’s brewing in Toronto. Burke wants to make a trade and this is the time of year he likes to deal. Doesn’t mean he’ll get an offer he feels is worth taking though.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 48
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (140)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)