Jan 17, 2012, 5:54 PM EST
Today on Twitter, Flyers beat writer Anthony SanFilippo (Delaware County Daily Times) floated a juicy trade rumor involving the Toronto Maple Leafs and Anaheim Ducks.
As you can see, SanFilippo’s tweet caused a minor internet uproar. What’s more, it occurred on a day that’s been full of speculation involving the Leafs.
The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle is reporting that today was a particularly crazy one in Toronto after speculation arose that popular trade candidate Luke Schenn could be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game against Ottawa.
“That’s the environment around the Leafs right now, one brought on by general manager Brian Burke broadcasting that he was looking to deal earlier this month,” wrote Mirtle.
Chances are, something’s brewing in Toronto. Burke wants to make a trade and this is the time of year he likes to deal. Doesn’t mean he’ll get an offer he feels is worth taking though.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 0
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58