Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
According to Sharks beat writer David Pollak (Mercury News), the trade rumors involving Ryane Clowe are “bogus” and San Jose GM Doug Wilson doesn’t have his “finger on the trigger” ready to make any specific deal.
CSN Sharks insider Kevin Kurz is also shooting down any trade rumors involving Clowe, suggesting fans “be more concerned” with the fact Clowe (upper-body injury) won’t be able to play tonight versus the Flames.
Clowe, 29, has nine goals in 42 games. The big winger is signed until the end of 2012-13 at a cap hit of $3.625 million. He does not have a no-trade clause.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)