Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
According to Sharks beat writer David Pollak (Mercury News), the trade rumors involving Ryane Clowe are “bogus” and San Jose GM Doug Wilson doesn’t have his “finger on the trigger” ready to make any specific deal.
CSN Sharks insider Kevin Kurz is also shooting down any trade rumors involving Clowe, suggesting fans “be more concerned” with the fact Clowe (upper-body injury) won’t be able to play tonight versus the Flames.
Clowe, 29, has nine goals in 42 games. The big winger is signed until the end of 2012-13 at a cap hit of $3.625 million. He does not have a no-trade clause.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 1
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 10
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 60
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (62)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)