Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
According to Sharks beat writer David Pollak (Mercury News), the trade rumors involving Ryane Clowe are “bogus” and San Jose GM Doug Wilson doesn’t have his “finger on the trigger” ready to make any specific deal.
CSN Sharks insider Kevin Kurz is also shooting down any trade rumors involving Clowe, suggesting fans “be more concerned” with the fact Clowe (upper-body injury) won’t be able to play tonight versus the Flames.
Clowe, 29, has nine goals in 42 games. The big winger is signed until the end of 2012-13 at a cap hit of $3.625 million. He does not have a no-trade clause.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)