Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
According to Sharks beat writer David Pollak (Mercury News), the trade rumors involving Ryane Clowe are “bogus” and San Jose GM Doug Wilson doesn’t have his “finger on the trigger” ready to make any specific deal.
CSN Sharks insider Kevin Kurz is also shooting down any trade rumors involving Clowe, suggesting fans “be more concerned” with the fact Clowe (upper-body injury) won’t be able to play tonight versus the Flames.
Clowe, 29, has nine goals in 42 games. The big winger is signed until the end of 2012-13 at a cap hit of $3.625 million. He does not have a no-trade clause.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 1
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 25
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)