Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
According to Sharks beat writer David Pollak (Mercury News), the trade rumors involving Ryane Clowe are “bogus” and San Jose GM Doug Wilson doesn’t have his “finger on the trigger” ready to make any specific deal.
CSN Sharks insider Kevin Kurz is also shooting down any trade rumors involving Clowe, suggesting fans “be more concerned” with the fact Clowe (upper-body injury) won’t be able to play tonight versus the Flames.
Clowe, 29, has nine goals in 42 games. The big winger is signed until the end of 2012-13 at a cap hit of $3.625 million. He does not have a no-trade clause.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 43
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 66
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)