Jan 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The Bruins are still winning games and looking like a dominating force, but that doesn’t mean everything is all good in Boston.
Bruins coach Claude Julien has loved the play of David Krejci, but he’s not exactly enamored with the play of his linemates Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears it from Julien about what his two physical scorers aren’t doing to help the Bruins.
“Looch looked like he had heavy legs tonight; [Horton] was the same thing,” said Julien.
Heavy legs is one thing, but Julien saved his harshest criticism for Horton.
“Horton has got to pick up his game. No ifs or buts about it. A guy his size needs to get more physically involved. He needs to compete a lot harder. He’s skating hard – you can see it on the backcheck – but we need more from him.”
Julien says he needs Horton to play better because the Bruins are dealing with injuries with their other forwards. Lighting a fire under both Horton and Lucic has worked in the past. We’ve seen Julien call these two out earlier this season even breaking up their line to motivate them. With how well Boston’s other lines are playing now, that option doesn’t seem likely this time around should things continue.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)