Jan 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The Bruins are still winning games and looking like a dominating force, but that doesn’t mean everything is all good in Boston.
Bruins coach Claude Julien has loved the play of David Krejci, but he’s not exactly enamored with the play of his linemates Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears it from Julien about what his two physical scorers aren’t doing to help the Bruins.
“Looch looked like he had heavy legs tonight; [Horton] was the same thing,” said Julien.
Heavy legs is one thing, but Julien saved his harshest criticism for Horton.
“Horton has got to pick up his game. No ifs or buts about it. A guy his size needs to get more physically involved. He needs to compete a lot harder. He’s skating hard – you can see it on the backcheck – but we need more from him.”
Julien says he needs Horton to play better because the Bruins are dealing with injuries with their other forwards. Lighting a fire under both Horton and Lucic has worked in the past. We’ve seen Julien call these two out earlier this season even breaking up their line to motivate them. With how well Boston’s other lines are playing now, that option doesn’t seem likely this time around should things continue.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)