Jan 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The Bruins are still winning games and looking like a dominating force, but that doesn’t mean everything is all good in Boston.
Bruins coach Claude Julien has loved the play of David Krejci, but he’s not exactly enamored with the play of his linemates Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears it from Julien about what his two physical scorers aren’t doing to help the Bruins.
“Looch looked like he had heavy legs tonight; [Horton] was the same thing,” said Julien.
Heavy legs is one thing, but Julien saved his harshest criticism for Horton.
“Horton has got to pick up his game. No ifs or buts about it. A guy his size needs to get more physically involved. He needs to compete a lot harder. He’s skating hard – you can see it on the backcheck – but we need more from him.”
Julien says he needs Horton to play better because the Bruins are dealing with injuries with their other forwards. Lighting a fire under both Horton and Lucic has worked in the past. We’ve seen Julien call these two out earlier this season even breaking up their line to motivate them. With how well Boston’s other lines are playing now, that option doesn’t seem likely this time around should things continue.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)