Jan 16, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
When Vincent Lecavalier got himself all worked up over what Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin was doing to the Lightning yesterday, there was a shot he’d be hearing from the league for taking a swing at Malkin.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports this morning, however, that Lecavalier will not have a hearing with the NHL for his sucker punch thrown at Malkin during yesterday’s game. Apparently throwing a punch out of the blue doesn’t get noticed the way it used to.
Have a look at how Lecavalier and Malkin managed to get under each other’s skin starting with Malkin avoiding a huge hit from Lecavalier and ending with Lecavalier’s unprovoked punch in the face.
Taking a swing at a guy while the linesmen are in between everyone and getting things relaxed seems like a pretty dirty thing to do, but that’s why we’re not running the league.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)