Jan 16, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
When Vincent Lecavalier got himself all worked up over what Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin was doing to the Lightning yesterday, there was a shot he’d be hearing from the league for taking a swing at Malkin.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports this morning, however, that Lecavalier will not have a hearing with the NHL for his sucker punch thrown at Malkin during yesterday’s game. Apparently throwing a punch out of the blue doesn’t get noticed the way it used to.
Have a look at how Lecavalier and Malkin managed to get under each other’s skin starting with Malkin avoiding a huge hit from Lecavalier and ending with Lecavalier’s unprovoked punch in the face.
Taking a swing at a guy while the linesmen are in between everyone and getting things relaxed seems like a pretty dirty thing to do, but that’s why we’re not running the league.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)