Jan 16, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to go through a day as a legendary NHL star, you’ll get to find out next week.
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be the latest player to be featured in the NHL’s documentary series, “NHL 36.” Lidstrom is a future Hall Of Famer in his own right and we’ll get to follow him through his game day preparations before the Wings’ games this week against the Sabres and Stars as the cameras roll on him for 36 hours.
The 41-year-old Lidstrom is the third player to get the “NHL 36″ treatment following Patrick Kane and Patrice Bergeron. You couldn’t possibly get a wider cross-section of personalities than with these three players and seeing how a guy at Lidstrom’s age and talent level prepares for games should be fascinating. There aren’t exactly a lot of guys at that age still playing at a high level the way Lidstrom does (Teemu Selanne excepted of course).
Lidstrom’s “NHL 36″ episode will debut on NBCSN on January 25 at 6:30 p.m. ET to be followed by NHL Live at 7:00 and then Lidstrom’s Red Wings taking on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30, the final game before the All-Star Break.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)