Jan 16, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to go through a day as a legendary NHL star, you’ll get to find out next week.
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be the latest player to be featured in the NHL’s documentary series, “NHL 36.” Lidstrom is a future Hall Of Famer in his own right and we’ll get to follow him through his game day preparations before the Wings’ games this week against the Sabres and Stars as the cameras roll on him for 36 hours.
The 41-year-old Lidstrom is the third player to get the “NHL 36″ treatment following Patrick Kane and Patrice Bergeron. You couldn’t possibly get a wider cross-section of personalities than with these three players and seeing how a guy at Lidstrom’s age and talent level prepares for games should be fascinating. There aren’t exactly a lot of guys at that age still playing at a high level the way Lidstrom does (Teemu Selanne excepted of course).
Lidstrom’s “NHL 36″ episode will debut on NBCSN on January 25 at 6:30 p.m. ET to be followed by NHL Live at 7:00 and then Lidstrom’s Red Wings taking on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30, the final game before the All-Star Break.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)