Jan 16, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to go through a day as a legendary NHL star, you’ll get to find out next week.
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be the latest player to be featured in the NHL’s documentary series, “NHL 36.” Lidstrom is a future Hall Of Famer in his own right and we’ll get to follow him through his game day preparations before the Wings’ games this week against the Sabres and Stars as the cameras roll on him for 36 hours.
The 41-year-old Lidstrom is the third player to get the “NHL 36″ treatment following Patrick Kane and Patrice Bergeron. You couldn’t possibly get a wider cross-section of personalities than with these three players and seeing how a guy at Lidstrom’s age and talent level prepares for games should be fascinating. There aren’t exactly a lot of guys at that age still playing at a high level the way Lidstrom does (Teemu Selanne excepted of course).
Lidstrom’s “NHL 36″ episode will debut on NBCSN on January 25 at 6:30 p.m. ET to be followed by NHL Live at 7:00 and then Lidstrom’s Red Wings taking on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30, the final game before the All-Star Break.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)