Jan 16, 2012, 9:54 AM EST
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to go through a day as a legendary NHL star, you’ll get to find out next week.
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be the latest player to be featured in the NHL’s documentary series, “NHL 36.” Lidstrom is a future Hall Of Famer in his own right and we’ll get to follow him through his game day preparations before the Wings’ games this week against the Sabres and Stars as the cameras roll on him for 36 hours.
The 41-year-old Lidstrom is the third player to get the “NHL 36″ treatment following Patrick Kane and Patrice Bergeron. You couldn’t possibly get a wider cross-section of personalities than with these three players and seeing how a guy at Lidstrom’s age and talent level prepares for games should be fascinating. There aren’t exactly a lot of guys at that age still playing at a high level the way Lidstrom does (Teemu Selanne excepted of course).
Lidstrom’s “NHL 36″ episode will debut on NBCSN on January 25 at 6:30 p.m. ET to be followed by NHL Live at 7:00 and then Lidstrom’s Red Wings taking on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30, the final game before the All-Star Break.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)