Jan 16, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to go through a day as a legendary NHL star, you’ll get to find out next week.
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be the latest player to be featured in the NHL’s documentary series, “NHL 36.” Lidstrom is a future Hall Of Famer in his own right and we’ll get to follow him through his game day preparations before the Wings’ games this week against the Sabres and Stars as the cameras roll on him for 36 hours.
The 41-year-old Lidstrom is the third player to get the “NHL 36” treatment following Patrick Kane and Patrice Bergeron. You couldn’t possibly get a wider cross-section of personalities than with these three players and seeing how a guy at Lidstrom’s age and talent level prepares for games should be fascinating. There aren’t exactly a lot of guys at that age still playing at a high level the way Lidstrom does (Teemu Selanne excepted of course).
Lidstrom’s “NHL 36” episode will debut on NBCSN on January 25 at 6:30 p.m. ET to be followed by NHL Live at 7:00 and then Lidstrom’s Red Wings taking on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30, the final game before the All-Star Break.
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14