Jan 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Canucks fans at Rogers Arena were treated to quite the show last night.
Not on the ice, of course — Vancouver lost 4-2 to Anaheim — but rather off it, as
former KISS frontman and reality TV star Gene Simmons was in attendance with wife Shannon, daughter Sophie and adoptive son Jannik Hansen.
Simmons and family were in town to commemorate the opening of Sophie’s Place, a facility near Vancouver that will help children facing abuse.
Here’s a pic of Gene hastily moving through the stands. Note the death stare from the guy in the black vest — perhaps The Demon didn’t wait for a stoppage in play.
(Photos courtesy Canucks.com and the Winnipeg Free Press)
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 25
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 42
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (42)