Jan 16, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
Canucks fans at Rogers Arena were treated to quite the show last night.
Not on the ice, of course — Vancouver lost 4-2 to Anaheim — but rather off it, as
former KISS frontman and reality TV star Gene Simmons was in attendance with wife Shannon, daughter Sophie and adoptive son Jannik Hansen.
Simmons and family were in town to commemorate the opening of Sophie’s Place, a facility near Vancouver that will help children facing abuse.
Here’s a pic of Gene hastily moving through the stands. Note the death stare from the guy in the black vest — perhaps The Demon didn’t wait for a stoppage in play.
(Photos courtesy Canucks.com and the Winnipeg Free Press)
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)