Jan 16, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT
It could be quite some time before the Columbus Blue Jackets’ two big off-season acquisitions will find themselves on the ice again.
Jeff Carter was recently placed on the injured reserve with a separated shoulder while James Wisniewski looks a long way away as well. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Wisniewski will wear a protective boot for about 11 days and likely won’t even skate again for three weeks.
From the sound of things, the well-compensated defenseman won’t be back until early February, maybe later. It’s tough to imagine the Blue Jackets jumping into the playoff picture in that time span, so there’s little reason to rush his return.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 6
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 33
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)