Jan 16, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT
It could be quite some time before the Columbus Blue Jackets’ two big off-season acquisitions will find themselves on the ice again.
Jeff Carter was recently placed on the injured reserve with a separated shoulder while James Wisniewski looks a long way away as well. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Wisniewski will wear a protective boot for about 11 days and likely won’t even skate again for three weeks.
From the sound of things, the well-compensated defenseman won’t be back until early February, maybe later. It’s tough to imagine the Blue Jackets jumping into the playoff picture in that time span, so there’s little reason to rush his return.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5