Jan 16, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT
It could be quite some time before the Columbus Blue Jackets’ two big off-season acquisitions will find themselves on the ice again.
Jeff Carter was recently placed on the injured reserve with a separated shoulder while James Wisniewski looks a long way away as well. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Wisniewski will wear a protective boot for about 11 days and likely won’t even skate again for three weeks.
From the sound of things, the well-compensated defenseman won’t be back until early February, maybe later. It’s tough to imagine the Blue Jackets jumping into the playoff picture in that time span, so there’s little reason to rush his return.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13