Jan 16, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT
It could be quite some time before the Columbus Blue Jackets’ two big off-season acquisitions will find themselves on the ice again.
Jeff Carter was recently placed on the injured reserve with a separated shoulder while James Wisniewski looks a long way away as well. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Wisniewski will wear a protective boot for about 11 days and likely won’t even skate again for three weeks.
From the sound of things, the well-compensated defenseman won’t be back until early February, maybe later. It’s tough to imagine the Blue Jackets jumping into the playoff picture in that time span, so there’s little reason to rush his return.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 27
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL