Jan 16, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT
It could be quite some time before the Columbus Blue Jackets’ two big off-season acquisitions will find themselves on the ice again.
Jeff Carter was recently placed on the injured reserve with a separated shoulder while James Wisniewski looks a long way away as well. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Wisniewski will wear a protective boot for about 11 days and likely won’t even skate again for three weeks.
From the sound of things, the well-compensated defenseman won’t be back until early February, maybe later. It’s tough to imagine the Blue Jackets jumping into the playoff picture in that time span, so there’s little reason to rush his return.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17