Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
Columbus Blue Jackets winger Dane Byers hasn’t done much whenever he’s gotten a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he now has two suspensions on his record. Byers received a one-game punishment in November 2009 and now has a three-game ban to deal with for his hit to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Andrew Desjardins. The suspension will cost Byers just under $9,000.
Check out Brendan Shanahan’s explanation video below and let us know: is three games sufficient, excessive or not good enough?
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13