Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
Columbus Blue Jackets winger Dane Byers hasn’t done much whenever he’s gotten a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he now has two suspensions on his record. Byers received a one-game punishment in November 2009 and now has a three-game ban to deal with for his hit to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Andrew Desjardins. The suspension will cost Byers just under $9,000.
Check out Brendan Shanahan’s explanation video below and let us know: is three games sufficient, excessive or not good enough?
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 45
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 74
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63