Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
Columbus Blue Jackets winger Dane Byers hasn’t done much whenever he’s gotten a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he now has two suspensions on his record. Byers received a one-game punishment in November 2009 and now has a three-game ban to deal with for his hit to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Andrew Desjardins. The suspension will cost Byers just under $9,000.
Check out Brendan Shanahan’s explanation video below and let us know: is three games sufficient, excessive or not good enough?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25