Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 PM EST
Columbus Blue Jackets winger Dane Byers hasn’t done much whenever he’s gotten a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he now has two suspensions on his record. Byers received a one-game punishment in November 2009 and now has a three-game ban to deal with for his hit to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Andrew Desjardins. The suspension will cost Byers just under $9,000.
Check out Brendan Shanahan’s explanation video below and let us know: is three games sufficient, excessive or not good enough?
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11