Jan 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
The time has arrived for Carolina — Jeff Skinner is back and ready to play.
The Hurricanes activated Skinner from injured reserve and will have him in the lineup tonight against Washington as the Hurricanes hope to win their third straight game. Skinner has been out of action since a game in early December where Andy Sutton hit him from behind putting him out of action.
When Skinner left the Hurricanes lineup with a concussion he was tops on the team in points. He returns seeing captain Eric Staal returning to form as the team’s leader and playing solid hockey of late. Rejoining the lineup like this means Carolina could be ready to make a push in the Southeast Division.
As it is, Carolina has overtaken Tampa Bay for fourth place and are just six points back of Winnipeg for third. The Hurricanes are nine points behind Washington for the eighth spot in the East. Skinner’s return should help give Carolina a lift they’ve been in need of lately. If it can’t do that, the Hurricanes could be sellers at the trade deadline.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)