Jan 15, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Ryan Ellis might be a rookie defenseman for Nashville, but he sure knows how to throw an old fashioned hip check. You can just ask Philly forward Wayne Simmonds about that as he got a dose of what it was like to play in a bygone era courtesy of Ellis and his shifty hips. Ellis’ check was symbolic for how things went for Nashville as they took out the Flyers 4-2 on home ice.
If someone can, send this along to Brad Marchand to show him how to more appropriately throw a hip check.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54