Jan 15, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Ryan Ellis might be a rookie defenseman for Nashville, but he sure knows how to throw an old fashioned hip check. You can just ask Philly forward Wayne Simmonds about that as he got a dose of what it was like to play in a bygone era courtesy of Ellis and his shifty hips. Ellis’ check was symbolic for how things went for Nashville as they took out the Flyers 4-2 on home ice.
If someone can, send this along to Brad Marchand to show him how to more appropriately throw a hip check.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50