Jan 15, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Ryan Ellis might be a rookie defenseman for Nashville, but he sure knows how to throw an old fashioned hip check. You can just ask Philly forward Wayne Simmonds about that as he got a dose of what it was like to play in a bygone era courtesy of Ellis and his shifty hips. Ellis’ check was symbolic for how things went for Nashville as they took out the Flyers 4-2 on home ice.
If someone can, send this along to Brad Marchand to show him how to more appropriately throw a hip check.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25