Jan 15, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Ryan Ellis might be a rookie defenseman for Nashville, but he sure knows how to throw an old fashioned hip check. You can just ask Philly forward Wayne Simmonds about that as he got a dose of what it was like to play in a bygone era courtesy of Ellis and his shifty hips. Ellis’ check was symbolic for how things went for Nashville as they took out the Flyers 4-2 on home ice.
If someone can, send this along to Brad Marchand to show him how to more appropriately throw a hip check.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 0
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 5
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 7
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 36
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8